Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 1300 miles on car, most of these miles manumatic driven. Only the recent 200 miles have I heard this sound. My car was built Nov 2003.

There are two occassions when I hear this clicking sound ( kinda like tapping your knuckle onto your desk).

1) Downshifting from 4th to 3rd while driving ~ 40mph; I can reproduce it every time. But if it is less than 40 mph, than I don't hear it.

2) From a stop or going only a few mph, releasing the foot brake and stepping on the gas produces the sound too. Let me add that I do not have to be accelerating hard either.

It is similar to the same sound that is sometimes heard on a cold morning when releasing the foot brake to drive off to work.

I also thought that it might be my key rings bumping the steering column, so I removed everything, including the key fob... Nope, that wasn't it either :lol:

Anyone else have this sound :?:

·
Banned
868 Posts
I've heard this too.....it's almost like a diesel; happens during when using activematic.

·
Registered
308 Posts
don't use ethanol blended fuel, the only other possibility is Martians trying to get at you via the moonroof.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EnFuego138 said:
Are you talking about engine knock or something else?
Hmmm, I'm not sure what engine knock is... But the sound only happens in those two instances that I mentioned in the original post.

Driving in fully-auto TX does not have any sounds though. I think I'll visit the dealership to have them look into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts