Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What's causing them to loosen up?

[quote author=allstockspeed3 link=topic=136957.msg2954037#msg2954037 date=1235337123]
yea t-clamps are the best, I have to tighten mine all the time and it's a pain. If you can get t-clamps do it. I am very soon.
[/quote]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah I have also come to the realization that my plugs are shit also. Using the stock plugs, and when its cold I i accelerate it knocks like a mofo, but as they warm up there is no more knock other then like a 1ish or maybe 2 if I am lucky

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
3/2/09 Update. Installed the Denso ITV22's (one step colder) plugs this weekend. Did third and fourth gear WOT run tonight. KR still there, and still hearing the ping. Christian suggested running the 91 octane map and blammed it on fuel quality. I switched to the 91 octane map and will report after 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I wonder how he determines possible fuel quality? He has commented on mine, and mentioned it was great. Maybe it's b/c I get no KR at WOT, and hold 20psi . :p

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I took some data logs a couple nights ago, it was only 8 degree's fahrenheit out. And the most I could get the car to knock was a value of 1. Mods are SRI and 3.25" TMIC. The stock tune runs richer than this COBB map and I bet thats why you are knocking so much. Screw tiny ass irrelevant power gains at the expense of reliability. I'll keep the pig rich stock tune just to stay on the safe side.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.