Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stage1+SF 93 Octane V103 on my 09 MS3 with the Cobb SRI, and seeing KR at WOT. During this run I actual heard the pinging. Any permanent damage done? What should I do?

3rd Gear

4th Gear

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What mechanical issue do you think I have? I retightened all my hoses again today. I don't know why they keep loosing up. Perhaps I'll switch to t-bolt style clamps. Hopefully with the new denso's my maps will look like yours.

[quote author=dread link=topic=136957.msg2953694#msg2953694 date=1235321872]
That is funny. My tune is right on. He clearly has a mechanical issue. The ap won't fix mechanical problems and nor will any other tuning device. My car is faster and runs better in all weather conditions. Have you tried the ap?

[/quote]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you have the Denso plugs? I'm hoping it fixes it. It's 70 degrees here in TX when I ran those two logs yesterday. What advice do you guys have for the loose clamps? Replace them with t-bolts? Dread thanks for your advice, you've been a big help through my modding process. I had a fully bolted on Si with a tune before my MS3 and said I wouldn't mess with this car. Oh well, it's been fun but a pain at times!

[quote author=pidass link=topic=136957.msg2953882#msg2953882 date=1235330085]
i'm running the same map and i'm not getting constant kr like that. the only time I see over 1deg is during partial throttle but during WOT, I may get a 0.x kr spike but that's it. So I agree that you definitely have something else going on.
[/quote]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What's causing them to loosen up?

[quote author=allstockspeed3 link=topic=136957.msg2954037#msg2954037 date=1235337123]
yea t-clamps are the best, I have to tighten mine all the time and it's a pain. If you can get t-clamps do it. I am very soon.
[/quote]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
3/2/09 Update. Installed the Denso ITV22's (one step colder) plugs this weekend. Did third and fourth gear WOT run tonight. KR still there, and still hearing the ping. Christian suggested running the 91 octane map and blammed it on fuel quality. I switched to the 91 octane map and will report after 100 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.