Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im having a huge problem my knock correction is reading at 8 degrees while driving normal. But at wot its reading 0-0.35-1.5 of knock ive retimed the motor replaced my knock sensor maded sure all my mounts are tight nothing is loose. can anyone tell me whatelse i need to check? 2006 mazda 3 2.5 swapped. currently getting tuned but my tuner cant fix my igintion timing due because of my knock correction being at 8 driving through out my tune.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Spark knock can be caused by the ignition timing being too advanced or the engine running lean. That said, have you tried adjusting the crank position sensor? It's holes are slotted and it can move to advance and retard the base timing. Also, what do the AFR's look like at WOT? Is the engine running lean? What do the fuel trims look like? What fuel are you using? I would be checking all of this stuff long before I would check cam timing. I've also heard that knock sensors can be overly sensitive and a lot of tuners simply turn them off in the tune and don't use them at all. Why isn't your tuner simply doing this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spark knock can be caused by the ignition timing being too advanced or the engine running lean. That said, have you tried adjusting the crank position sensor? It's holes are slotted and it can move to advance and retard the base timing. Also, what do the AFR's look like at WOT? Is the engine running lean? What do the fuel trims look like? What fuel are you using? I would be checking all of this stuff long before I would check cam timing. I've also heard that knock sensors can be overly sensitive and a lot of tuners simply turn them off in the tune and don't use them at all. Why isn't your tuner simply doing this?
Afrs are fine at wot my tuner told me to check everything to make sure it’s tight which it is

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Afrs are fine at wot my tuner told me to check everything to make sure it’s tight which it is
My tuner is located in Canada and idk he said because my knock correction is at 8 degrees he can’t adjust anything like my ignition timing or try to remove timing

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
There's a guy on here that I knew from a previous car forum who does tuning and now owns a performance shop. He hasn't posted in several years but you could try sending him a message and see if he responds. He's done a lot of Mazda stuff. the great ny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts