Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Well after clocking up 1700 kilometers :shock: in about 1 week I finally got some piccies of my Aussie Spec SP 23 (2.3L) M3 :D

First thing I gotta do is fix that stupid number plate holder on the fron bumper. Looks fine on a US based car cause its the perfect size for your plates, but looks ugly on a aussie car cause of our different size plates.
Any suggestions?

PS. Ordered my Koen kit too. Can't wait for that to arrive.

·
Registered
86 Posts
congrats Kman !!

Looks very beautiful

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Sweeeet! Keep it clean Kman :)
Nice license plate number btw....

For the front license plate issue, doesn't Mazda Aussie carry the compatible holder?
If not, just take it off and mount the plate (without the holder) on the grill between the fog lights or better yet, dun use any front license plate at all :D
It's illegal here but I did it anyway.
Looks nicer..... :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need to take the car back to the dealer. They put the steering wheel on the wrong side. :lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Very nice. Couple quick ???'s...

Are your taillight bulbs all clear? It seems like the entire light has an overall white/clear look. I know the main lens is clear, but I thought that my taillights still showed some color during the day.

It also seems like your car had a lot more room to put your foot on the gas pedal. Us left hand drivers get our foot slammed between the brake and the console. Do you have a lot of room to move your foot around on the gas?

Once again, looks good.
Craig

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TellyDSP said:
Very nice. Couple quick ???'s...

Are your taillight bulbs all clear? It seems like the entire light has an overall white/clear look. I know the main lens is clear, but I thought that my taillights still showed some color during the day.

It also seems like your car had a lot more room to put your foot on the gas pedal. Us left hand drivers get our foot slammed between the brake and the console. Do you have a lot of room to move your foot around on the gas?

Once again, looks good.
Craig
@ TellyDSP

Your right, there is no space issue for the gas pedal at all. The foot rest is butted up against the centre console and its quite comfortable. As for the lights, the indicator has an orange lens but you have to look at it straight on to see it (In fact you can see a little of it in the photo). Brake and tail lights are LED's so they are clear until you actually use them. Reverse is clear so again so I suppose the overall result is a clear looking light. I much prefer that to the red lenses which come on the lower models here.

Thanks for the comments guys. I get tinted windows on Wednesday so I will take more shots when that happens.

Cheers

·
Registered
670 Posts
heck, even aussie floor mats look better... grrr!!

before you install the hoen kit, can you take pics of a before shot on an unlighted street then after shots in the same place?
We've seen the after, but didn't have anything to cmpare it to directly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good one KMan. That looks really nice. Still think it's funny how your order for the sedan turned into a hatch, but those LEDs look terrific!

Do let us know how those Hoen bulbs work out. Just out of interest, can you tell us how much the postage was to ship down under?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@ MazaSpeed3

Yeah shall do. It will be good for everyone to see the difference.

@ Spook

It was an honest mistake but as I said one that worked out for the best. Also the toal cost was $109.32 AUD delivered. Lets hope I dont get stung by customs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
A fav Kman. Can you post pics of the electroluminescent gauges in action? A day shot and a night shot would be very nice (I believe they turn a difference colour at night)?

Thanks a bundle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry guys didn't have the time to take a before and after shot of the lights. :-( If anyone wants to see an after let me know and I shall do.

Kman

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kman, some nice pics. If you have the time could you post some pics showing the front and back straight on - as if you were standing/crouching straight in front and straight at the back rather than angled pictures (daytime pref). It would give me a better idea what the 3 in black looks like esp. as my dealer doesn't have one on show. Thanks :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
where do i get that SP2.3 sticker? looks nice man. so clean.

M

·
0 Posts
The SP23 badging is only available to Australian spec models, and possibly europeans as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I shall get some pictures this weekend. I have tinted the Windows so I was planning on doing that anyway.

Kman

1 - 20 of 21 Posts