Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should the km's be on a new car be when you take delivery of it like no more than 50km's etc? Is there a rule that when a new car has been taken delivery the km's can't be over 100km's and if it is you can return the car back to the dealer ? Need some help can anyone shed me some light?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I dun think there's any official rules for that. It's all common sense. If a new car arrives with over 100kms and the dealer said it was shipped from a city 100kms away, then I can't do anything.
But if it's shipped from a local port, it should be around 5 kms. Even if it has over 20 kms, I'd ask the dealer abt it. Maybe the car has been used for test-driving.

·
Registered
154 Posts
No real rule...its all up to you like Absinthe said. Some ppl are horrified by a car with more than a couple miles, some arent.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
True! The PRO I picked up in 2001 had 44kms on it. Not sure what they did with it for the 40kms that are too many on it, but it runs like a champ and I couldn't be more satisfied with this car. Guess they took "easy" joyrides in it :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mazda has a driving course here in the US for each dealership and it's like 14 miles.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
My car had 5057 miles on it when I bought it. :) Why'd I buy it? Cause it had what I wanted on it, and I got 0% financing.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
schulkw said:
Mazda has a driving course here in the US for each dealership and it's like 14 miles.
Is this test drive course something mandated by Mazda that each dealer should abide by? It would be nice if I could test drive the car for 14 miles to get a good idea of the performance, noise, ride etc. on different roads.

The only negative I see is that the cars would have "a lot" of miles on them ( for a new car) in only a few test drives.

This test drive policy is certainly better than the 4 right turns and back to the dealer test drive. :lol:

·
Registered
984 Posts
lmp180psu said:
schulkw said:
Is this test drive course something mandated by Mazda that each dealer should abide by? It would be nice if I could test drive the car for 14 miles to get a good idea of the performance, noise, ride etc. on different roads.

The only negative I see is that the cars would have "a lot" of miles on them ( for a new car) in only a few test drives.

This test drive policy is certainly better than the 4 right turns and back to the dealer test drive. :lol:
It has a formal name. It's something I thougth was at all Mazda dealerships. They plot the surrounding area so you can take the car on different types of roads, like highway/interstate, curvy & winding, bumpy, etc, etc. I took a 6 for a drive in Nashville and was impressed with the test drive.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
In the US (not sure if its state or fed law... if state then it vary's, but it's the same everywhere I've heard of) a "new" car can have up to 5,000 miles on it.

Mine had 1.7 miles on it when I bought it.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
This test course was introduced for the Mazda6 - I'll ask my dealer about it, but I won't test drive a 3 until a MT is available (unless he really doesn't care about the mileage)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts