Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sporty version of the new Kia Rondo crossover just going on sale at dealers nationwide makes its debut at the Chicago auto show.

The Rondo SX, Kia says, "features an aggressive front and rear treatment as well as a tuned suspension and other performance modifications. A unique interior completes the Rondo SX package."

The Optima-based Rondo gets new front and rear-end treatments to differentiate it from base Rondos. The SX's air intake is larger, and brake cooling ducts and a new front grille insert give an edge to the front fascia. In the back, vent inserts, and dual exhausts dress up the exterior, while roof rails have been removed for a sleeker look. Five-spoke, 18-inch wheels with Michelin 40-series tires are fitted.

Inside the Rondo SX gets black, gray, and red leather trim with red stitching on the seats and door panels. Stainless steel pedals are matched with metallic accents on the center stack and door trim.

Underneath the hood, the SX pushes the Kia 2.7-liter V-6 to 192 horsepower, up 10 from the standard car. The suspension has been lowered three inches, and brakes are cross-drilled for better braking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Rondo is a nice idea but its too tall looking. They tried to dusguise the van-ishness of it too much. I think they could have done a more Mazda5 like job with it and just let people deal with the fact that its a little van.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
lol

Made a joke bout this car.......

Kia's finally making it into the crossover genre. You know the small ones, minivan that looks like a trick riding on a car chassis. They are billing it as a '7-passenger family vehicle', my only hope is that it has a bench seat up front so your wives dont have to fight over shotgun!

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=68941.msg1221823#msg1221823 date=1172091308]
[quote author=BruiserTX link=topic=68941.msg1221281#msg1221281 date=1172080912]
that mesh is hidious
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

i thought the mesh was tight.

but i dont get 1bad3's joke. ppl have 7 person families? 2 parents, 5 kids?

But yeah... kia/hyundai, idk why they keep using their weak v6. when they got a strong v6 in the sonata i believe.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Families have friends. So all 7 seats don't need to be used by the family members.

·
Registered
561 Posts
[quote author=dL. link=topic=68941.msg1247017#msg1247017 date=1172975401]
182hp V6 wow.

dL
[/quote]

Remember it is only a 2.7L V6, so that is reasonable power, not to mention it has as much torque as horsepower (most high horsepower V6's are tuned to have more HP than Torque). It makes about the same HP per liter as the Mazda 2.3 MZR in the 3.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jesus could they make look even more like a Mazda 5! And btw, the Mazda5 IS NOT A FRIGGEN MINIVAN! :bitching: It's a station wagon!

However by putting a V6 in it then Kia is turning the Rondo into what Mazda couldn't do with the 5; a highway cruiser.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts