Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an '05 3. It is having some serious issues with the horn, I was driving down the road and it started honking as the panic button had been hit did this for about 45 seconds now when you go to lock the car with the remote you hit it the second time for confirmation it honks for 15 seconds or so very embarassing. I went and had the battery and alternator tested and both were fine. Any ideas on what it could be and how to resolve it? besides pulling the fuse?

Thanks

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Interesting. Are you saying that it randomly started honking while driving, or you hit the panic button while driving and it went off? I ask because the remote shouldn't work when the car is on. Anyway it's possible you have a faulty relay that's sticking, but that's the only thing that's coming to mind. I'd think a sticking relay would cause it to honk steadily rather than just on/off. :dunno:

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
I had to :lol: at the title. I could imagine driving down the road and the horn start honking: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, hahaha...

I'd have to say +1 on a possible relay issue. I think if it were the switch, it would stick open or closed...

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=coondogg link=topic=138938.msg2994641#msg2994641 date=1237075356]
I had to :lol: at the title. I could imagine driving down the road and the horn start honking: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, hahaha...

I'd have to say +1 on a possible relay issue. I think if it were the switch, it would stick open or closed...
[/quote]

But if the relay were sticking do you think it would beep intermittantly (e.g. honk, honk, honk) vs. constantly (e.g. hooooooooooooooooooooonk)?

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
:thinking: A possible short in the horn circuit?

What ever it is, it is activating the keyless entry horn function. I think my panic will not even go off if the key is in the ignition…

Brb, lol…

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=coondogg link=topic=138938.msg2994667#msg2994667 date=1237076200]
:lmao: I forgot that my one spyder fell off so I pulled my horn fuse.

I can't try until tomorrow... :lol:
[/quote]

:slap: :lol:

When there's a key in the ignition the lock/unlock buttons don't work, so I assume that the panic doesn't either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts