Mazda3 Forums banner

Keyless Entry and Ignition - Starting to get Quirky

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  john1492 
#1 ·
Hi all. I've had my 2007 CX-7 Grand Touring since fall of 2006, with about 43,000 miles on it. Recently the keyless entry and ignition fob started to get a little quirky.

First off, when I'm standing right next to the door to push the lock/unlock on the handle, it won't recognize the fob is near and lock/unlock the car. If I step a few feet away towards the front of the car, then sometimes it will do it (after I pushed the button). When I'm in the car the key light doesn't come on, and if I try to turn the ignition, I get the red KEY light. I was able to move the fob around originally and finally get a good signal, but now it seems like nothing works. I've had to pull the key out of the fob sleeve and use that.

Power/battery to the fob doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm able to push the buttons on the fob and unlock/lock/trigger alarm. I've also changed the batteries a couple of times just to be sure. I typically keep the fob away from my cell phone. It's been working tried and true for over four and a half years, but then started intermittently not working, and now consistently.

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the transmitter/receiver in the car itself, but don't know where the heck that would be or how to test. Any thoughts or experience?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.