Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had this problem for a while but is starting to get really annoying. When I drive the car and park it, I pull the out the key and lock it with the remote. But once I go back to unlock it with the remote, it won't work. Then, manually unlocking it with the key, I open the door and can hear the chime sound that alerts you that the key is still in the ignition but it is chilling in my hand. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to alleviate the issue? I bet it is those dam little gnomes messing with me. Lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if replacing the ignition switch requires reprogramming the keys? The dealership I talked to says that it does but in the TSB, it mentions nothing about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you guys. This thread was very helpful. My car (2005 Mazda3) shows the same symptoms. Did you have to reprogram the keys?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=gap232 link=topic=136650.msg3241309#msg3241309 date=1248287571]
Thank you guys. This thread was very helpful. My car (2005 Mazda3) shows the same symptoms. Did you have to reprogram the keys?
[/quote]

I don't believe you need to reprogram the keys, the cylinder just needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote author=Minicven link=topic=136650.msg2945246#msg2945246 date=1234978893]
So I have had this problem for a while but is starting to get really annoying. When I drive the car and park it, I pull the out the key and lock it with the remote. But once I go back to unlock it with the remote, it won't work. Then, manually unlocking it with the key, I open the door and can hear the chime sound that alerts you that the key is still in the ignition but it is chilling in my hand. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to alleviate the issue? I bet it is those dam little gnomes messing with me. Lol.
[/quote]
Not that it's related at all but my old Jeep would do the same thing. Except I could take out the key and the radio would still be on. Give it a good jiggle and it would turn off. I just dismissed it as an added feature that drains the battery for you while your sleeping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts