Discussion Starter #1,524
Re: Kevin-Nigel's ugly mazda3 Bottom Pg 48 350z wheels

i don't remember, i think it's 23 or 23.5

use to be 22.5 on the viennas

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

yeah cuz the 350z wheels bumped you up a bit... ima be fucking draggin on oem snowflakes with 215/45s >.<

·
Registered
712 Posts

[quote author=Kevin-Nigel link=topic=163735.msg4079748#msg4079748 date=1311717824]
i don't remember, i think it's 23 or 23.5

use to be 22.5 on the viennas
[/quote]

That was on 205/40's with no collars right?
I have 205/45's, so i should be pretty close to 23 when i take out that last collar. :p

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,527

O snap

I haven't really been active on these forums as much as I use to be.
Last year I bought 350z wheels off of sumthaiguy. I drove on them with no problems for about 1 or 2 months. It ends up they were too aggressive though.

Resulting in this...

While yeah it's only a 8 inch wheel at +27 (effective) offset, a 215/40/18 did not stretch much at all to give me any fender clearance. I got really frustrated over time because it kept caving in on various occasions. It got to the point where I would just pull them with pliers in order to get home without my tires getting slashed up. I didn't care at the time. With my fenders being the way they were, they actually slashed up one of my tires. I was like okay, I'll roll on a spare for now. Losing more and more motivation, it took me 6 months to order a new tire for my 350z wheel. A little over 6 weeks after mounting the new tire, my fenders caved again and slashed up the tire again. I got really frustrated. Then one rainy night, my OEM HID ballast died on me. I grew more frustrated with this car everyday. I ended up buying a new ballast on ebay for $200 and fixed that. Then another day, that ballast died on me as well. It turns out my headlight isn't sealed good anymore because water got into both of those ballasts. That gave me a headache so I decided to leave it alone for now and deal with it later. In the meantime, I sought out a new set of wheels and decided to ditch the 350z wheels. I ended up with MB Battles in 18x9 +38 and 18x9 + 30. I am using 3mm spacers all around so they all come out to be 18x9 +35 F and 18x9 +27 R. The 215/35 nankangs stretched enough to give me clearance. I also ended up ordering new fenders. I test fitted them and the battles cleared brand new stock fenders perfectly. I had no issues whatsoever. My bumper also stopped falling out. Lol. So that was all great. More fruI rolled with unpainted fenders for a while until I had the dinero to paint them.

One day on the way to work, I ended up breaking my replica GV lip..ended up running it over somehow in the process.

I got out of the car, threw my lip inside, parked my car and went to work.

Frustration was mounting again...I tried to fix the lip...

but it ended up breaking again anyway lol...frustration yet again..but I decided to be optimistic. The lip was already broken anyway. I ended up buying the OEM Flares as a replacement.

I put the flares on, took the unpainted fenders off so I can bring them to the shop for paint. Reason why old fenders are on in this picture.

and now, my fenders are back from the shop painted...and here she is today...10 months later after the last post in this thread.

All i need to fix now is the issue with my headlight..and ballast.

Fitment could be better up front....the rears are perfect to me.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
That is your best setup yet. It looks amazing!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Got dang that's a lot of crap to have happened to you :(

Glad it's coming together for you now and I agree with Lara, out of all the wheels you've had these look the best and the spacers make them look even better. The front aeros look dope as well. Can't wait to see more pics!

·
Registered
855 Posts
[quote author=Lara link=topic=163735.msg4233638#msg4233638 date=1338069267]
That is your best setup yet. It looks amazing!
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looking good. I don't usually like darker wheels on the TiGrey, but this works. I do prefer the GV lip though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey kevin, ive been running 18 x 8 battles on a prokit for about a year now and am gettin ready topUt coils in to go about the same height youre at... Im at a +43 offset right now. Any words of wisdom for me seeing how we'll be running about the same set-up?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,537
Thanks guys! I also do miss my GV lip :( oh well the aero flares are a nice change.

[quote author=Greeksheik link=topic=163735.msg4233820#msg4233820 date=1338143631]
Hey kevin, ive been running 18 x 8 battles on a prokit for about a year now and am gettin ready topUt coils in to go about the same height youre at... Im at a +43 offset right now. Any words of wisdom for me seeing how we'll be running about the same set-up?
[/quote]

Well you won't really have a problem with 18x8+43 imo. I ran a 18x7.5 up +42 (225/40/18) at this height and didn't have too many issues. The thing is I think my set up is a lot different because I'm on 18x9 with stretched 215/35 tires to clear the fenders. I think on 8s you will be fine. Especially if you plan to run a regular tire setup (225 40?)

Anyways, I ordered a new gen ballast that are in the 07-09s which is a lot smaller than the ballast they put in the 2005s. It didn't even line up with the bracket, so I had to make a custom bracket to even bolt the ballast down. I couldn't even find the 2005s ballast anymore..and the newer gen ballast are a lot cheaper ($75) compared to $200...$400 from dealer lol.

There was water in my headlight :X

took it apart, cleaned it, and resealed it with more glue.

Sweeet my HIDs work again!

Also bonus picture taken with a friends 70-200mm F/2.8 IS L. Quality glass..

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,539
Nah. I was thinking about it though. I also only did 1 headlight haha didn't feel like taking the other one apart.

1521 - 1540 of 1543 Posts