Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've listened to some of the released tracks... AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO DROP!

Seriously, I dont think you'd have to a fan of hip hop to appreciate his next album.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
i just hope when the album drops there are other quality joints other than love lockdown and heartless.

kanye went all out autotune on this one...the verdict on that is still pending.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he pulls it off quite well. Even though T-Pain started to popularize autotune, I think he killed it. Because in almost all of his songs, he sounds like a damn chainsaw. Also, it doesn't help that all T-Pain talks about is bars/clubs and picking up girls and that booty.

Kanye's use of autotune isnt as dramatic, and his lyrics are deeper and it tells a story. (Something about Chicago rappers, they tell really good stories with their songs. Common, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, J Ivy)
Quality joints? I'd recommend "Coldest Winter", "Amazing", and "Street Lights"... These three are floating on the internet

·
Registered
452 Posts
even robocop sounds really good. most of his album leaked and i've loved every SINGLE track. real crystal crew ft. lil wayne is dope as fk too

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys, this is by far the best album ever.

Also, I dont know why, I think the live version of "Love Lockdown" that premiered on MTV Music Award was the best version. I think it's because when I first heard it, it was so unique and it left a mark in my head...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not a fan of hip/hop/rap in general. I heard some tracks from the new album on NPR today and, as usual, the use of Autotune is for amateurs. It's one thing as a tool to give a particular track a sound, but to use it for the whole thing? Nah - it's a crutch. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote author=d.z. link=topic=128524.msg2769803#msg2769803 date=1227666144]
Not a fan of hip/hop/rap in general. I heard some tracks from the new album on NPR today and, as usual, the use of Autotune is for amateurs. It's one thing as a tool to give a particular track a sound, but to use it for the whole thing? Nah - it's a crutch. Plain and simple.
[/quote]

He's using it to exaggerate the sadness and loneliness of this album. Yeah He's using it for the whole album, but if you ask me, the autotune meshes well with the beat and the lyrical content.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
autotune has been being used for a long ass time. I mean loooong time. T-pain just made it popular since he came on the radio with that shit. IMO it sounds cool but now i listen to songs most of them have autotune. Autotune wasn't designed to be used throughout the whole track it was mainly to take glitches out or be used in a way where you can't even really detect it. Some people don't know this but Akon even uses it. I have autotune on my boys studio computer and its fun to mess around with but to make tracks with it we avoid. Kanye used autotune wisely though, he didn't just use it just to use it, his settings don't sound as modulated as lil wayne or others.
EDIT: BTW i have the CD :lol:

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Kanye is a subpar (mediocre at best) mc IMO, but a superb producer. His rhymes tend to have a very elementary feeling compared to other chi mc's, i.e common and lupe.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Yeah, Kanye isn't what I would call a MC at all. To be honest there's not very many MC's left anyways. Even the halfway good ones in the day have moved to where they have a good beat and someone with a famous voice (Lil Wayne) or famous tone (T-Pain) to come in and sing the hook.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, because music is just changing. The new 808 and Heartbreak album is ok so far. It's not as good as the last one, but some tragic things have happened to Kanye in the last year that have made him change his sound. If these things hadn't of happened I doubt he would have went down this road to sample a new sound so soon. It would have happened eventually, but maybe as a 5th or 6th album. This album is his 4th correct. I never listened to the first and second, but got in on the last album. Flashing lights and the joint with Lil Wayne was hot on the last album.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't like the last album as much as College Dropout and Late Registration

Speaking of Chicago artists, I dont know what it is about them, but I they tell the best stories with their songs.

Also, T-Pain and Akon sound like ass even with autotune. And I hope Rihanna IS using autotune, cause if she's not, then she really does sound like a chainsaw (I have a good feeling that's her natural voice)

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
rihanna doesn't use autotune and if she does she probably uses it to make minor improvements? :lol:...well i don't listen to rihanna so i won't really know much about her...my radio is barely on. Always a CD in there.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
[quote author=Say Chi Sin Lo link=topic=128524.msg2770746#msg2770746 date=1227725123]
I didn't like the last album as much as College Dropout and Late Registration

Speaking of Chicago artists, I dont know what it is about them, but I they tell the best stories with their songs.

Also, T-Pain and Akon sound like ass even with autotune. And I hope Rihanna IS using autotune, cause if she's not, then she really does sound like a chainsaw (I have a good feeling that's her natural voice)
[/quote]

I like T-Pain because he knows how to get a party started. Akon is pure garbage and should be dumped from the music scene. His sound and his market is junk.

·
Registered
495 Posts
are you ppl joking? kanye has turned into a main stream joke, along with lil wayne and 50 cent. his music used to have soo much meaning like jesus walks and all falls down, but now? all the beats on his new album sound exactly the same: a ghetto pan-flute indian band. there is nothing good about kanye west. his lyrics have turned simple, he has no flow, his beats are simplistic and all sound the same. it's people like he that are killing hip hop.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
[quote author=makballer link=topic=128524.msg2770783#msg2770783 date=1227725673]
are you ppl joking? kanye has turned into a main stream joke, along with lil wayne and 50 cent. his music used to have soo much meaning like jesus walks and all falls down, but now? all the beats on his new album sound exactly the same: a ghetto pan-flute indian band. there is nothing good about kanye west. his lyrics have turned simple, he has no flow, his beats are simplistic and all sound the same. it's people like he that are killing hip hop.
[/quote]

Music is a business and you have to produce what sells. Pop music will sell constantly, because more white people are buying these albums then any other race. They love the pop style of music that would be on TRL or on the radio. In return Lil Wayne, Akon, T-Pain, and Kanye have to make watered down music to stay up in the business and continue making fist fulls of cash. Kanye makes Common and Lupe's annual salary in 6 months or less. Watered down music is what the industry wants and if you want to keep making money in the industry you do what sells.

No different than models starving themselves and vomitting backstage so they will get cover shots on the hottest magazines. You make more money that way then being in a magazine that may only be regional, because these women and men want to be known global. Music in general is no different.

I'm a huge Weezer fan and their music has changed alot since the Blue album or even Pinkerton, but I support them for staying in the business and rolling with the wild tides of music.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts