Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up board!....I just got the whole sound system re-done. I put some MB Quartz (6.5 inchs) component speakers up front, Boston Acoustic's (6.5 inchs) in the back and a 12" MTX sub in the hatch....and I got 2 amps under the seats, one for the sub and another 4 channel amp for the speakers....oohh sooo sweet...cost me an arm, leg and a foot though...it's all worth it....by the way I had no idea there were 5x7's in all the doors...strange....anyways....good times!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kept the same deck so I could use the controls on the steering wheel and plus...it just wouldn't look right if I changed the deck...but the amps bring life to the deck....i'll get some pics soon

·
Registered
526 Posts
What was your grand total for the parts too? There's 5x7s in the doors? F/R or just one? Why'd you use different speakers F/R? So many questions.... interested in seeing the pics!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking the same - pics of the amps under the seats would be great. Where do you run the amp power-ground wire with an under the seat installation?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know exactly what you mean...i like pics too...my bad...I'll try to get pics of the old spkers, my amps (under the seats), and my sub....but the speakers are already in...i could take a pix of the box, but I don't think that would help...hahaa....anyways, I thought the spkers were 6.5's b/c of the style of the door covers....I was wrong it's 5x7's all around except the tweeter of course....but I got it installed by the guys at Tweeter and he made it custom fit at no charge...not sure yet how he ran the wire...i just got it back last night...and I'm at wrk now so I haven't gotten a chance to really take a look at it.

Here's the breakdown:
MB Quartz $285.00
Boston's $99.00
Eclipse 4ch Amp $205.00
I had an amp and sub already from my old car.
Monster cables, Hi-low converters and everything inclding intallation of everything was about a $1k....pretty steep but I just had to have something better than the paper cone stock speakers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sounds pretty sweet! ...infact alot like my system...my amp location is different and...... brands are all different .....and i don't have rear speakers...... ok wait not even close to being the same :shock: hahahhahah n e ways some pics would be awesome, i suggested under the seat to my installed and he didn't want todo it w/ out a decent amount more labor and wiring and everything else. bet your system sounds bitchin tho!

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you guys wanna know about how he did all this stuff, take a look at Vabooms sticky thread. That would give you a good idea.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok just took some pics:

Here are the boxes:

This is the 4 chnl Amp:

This is the Sub amp:

This is my not so spacious trunk:

and here are the stock 5x7's and tweeters:

I wish I could post the audio...it's amazing!!!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Sirealz said:
Ok just took some pics:

Here are the boxes:

This is the 4 chnl Amp:

This is the Sub amp:

This is my not so spacious trunk:

and here are the stock 5x7's and tweeters:

I wish I could post the audio...it's amazing!!!
Maybe your site is down or it does allow links but your pics aren't showing right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dammit....ok hold on

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sucks.....thanks for the heads up

What do u guys recommend??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks good, I like the location of the amps. How big are your amps? What height is the drivers seat set at? My seat is cranked completely down, and if I move it up and it will start getting uncomfortable. I really like that placement though, its a good idea. Congrats :D .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts