Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!!! What an amazing car! Every negative thing that I have heard about the 3 (which was not a whole lot to begin with) was blown away when I sat in the vehicle and test drove it. Man! What an awesome ride! The 4 spd automatic transmission was awesome b/c I could switch it over to a pseudo manual w/o the clutch (just like a video game)! What a cool feature! The pictures of the dash and gauges do not do justice to the real life version! The black leather in the S version was so classy and soft! The styling and craftsmanship of the body are unbelievable! I am really jealous of all the 3 owners! Can't wait to get my own!

If there is anybody who questions the 3, go look and feel for yourself! Then you will understand...

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I just got home, oh about 20 min ago from test driving one... i must say that I HAVE TO HAVE! I have a huge problem tho, my dads bein an ass about gettin me one :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Take a few days to dwell on the test drive.. then go back for a second test drive and look for things you might have missed.

Also, test drive other comparible cars to get a real feel for the pros and cons.

It's easy to fall in love with a car at first sight.. but not very wise.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
quiksilver, my dad wasn't very happy with me pushing it at first cause it wasn't even released yet. So I brought my dad with me on several other test drives also, and we all compared the cars together, then 3 came out in December and we got to test drive it too. Everyone was impressed by it.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
ahh i see, i wanna show him maybe the corolla and civic and have him compare those to the 3, hopefully he will see how much better the 3 is and he will pick that

·
Registered
43 Posts
quiksilverx181 said:
I just got home, oh about 20 min ago from test driving one... i must say that I HAVE TO HAVE! I have a huge problem tho, my dads bein an ass about gettin me one :(
There is, of course, an alternative to dealing with your dad "bein an ass". You could buy it on your own.

I don't care how much money anybody's parents have, it is not written in stone somewhere that parents who can afford it should buy cars for their kids. When they're nice enough to pony up their own cash for you, you should appreciate whatever they give you.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
ahhh true but i am going to be paying the down payment as per my parents and my agreement... I should at least get what i want (and i will be paying half of each payment when i get accepted at a job)

·
Registered
67 Posts
ahhh true but i am going to be paying the down payment as per my parents and my agreement... I should at least get what i want (and i will be paying half of each payment when i get accepted at a job)
Wow....they should be GRATEFUL that you are giving the downpayment...imagine if you agreed to pay for half of the car? And insurance?? They should buy you a Lexus then!~

·
Registered
69 Posts
quiksilverx181 said:
what do u mean, i AM paying half the car and my insurance...
1/2.. that's a lot more than I could have expected out of my parents... and a lot more than I'll ever help my own kids on a new car. You're very fortunate.. try not to bite (or in this case, badmouth) the hand that feeds you.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
You guys just dont get it do you? Im going to pay them back, so in the end its my headache i should get what i want, plus i didnt ask whether im fortunate, so stick to topic, i just asked how i can convince, i didnt ask for suggestions as to new routes to take on the matter damn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im going to pay them back, so in the end its my headache
What's the parents' going interest rate..? If it's less then my bank, maybe they can hook me up too..? %0.0 sounds good to me...

i should get what i want
No, you should be so lucky as to have resourceful parents willing to lend you anything.

The fact that your topic warranted these replies should tell you that you should spend less time trying to 'convince' your parents of anything, and more time feeling lucky as shit.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
the fact is that i dont feel that way and i dont know why u guys keep pushing me to feel a way i cant feel. All my life my parents do whatever and however for my sisters and yet i cant get a damn choice on the car ima be drivin all thru med school next 8 years of my life and im payin for the damn thing?!

·
Registered
330 Posts
quiksilverx181 said:
Please clarify. What are his terms? When I got my first car, my dad let me get what I wanted and he co-signed. I paid for everything, payments, gas, insure, etc...

His stipulations were if he caught me racing, he was going to kill me.
Also if the bank informed him that I was late or missed a payment, the car was his and I was on my own getting a car after that.

I had just turned 16 at the time, many years ago. Kind of forced me to examine and keep a tight control over my meager finances

·
Registered
43 Posts
The reason your post got the response that it did was your choice of wording regarding your dad. I don't know all your family dynamics, but it just rubs me the wrong way when I hear people speaking ill of their parents when they're doing you a favor. Also, you stated previously that you would be paying half the car, and now you say you'll pay the whole thing?

This all boils down to your original topic, by the way. You probably are not going to be able to convince your dad very well if you approach him as the "ass" who doesn't want to lend you money for the car you want. My parents were kind enough to help me get a new Hyundai Elantra for my use during college and through medical school, but that car was purchased for $10k, quite a bit less than the likely $17-$20k the Mazda 3 is going to sell for. It could be your dad realizes that you can't afford to pay them back on this car, particularly if you don't even have a job at this moment.

Why don't you lease the car? You won't have to involve your parents then, since the monthly payments will be about what you were going to be paying according to what you've told us. Wait until you get your job, and then what you earn will be enough to pay for the lease, and you will have a nice car to drive to work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
quiksilverx181 said:
the fact is that i dont feel that way and i dont know why u guys keep pushing me to feel a way i cant feel. All my life my parents do whatever and however for my sisters and yet i cant get a damn choice on the car ima be drivin all thru med school next 8 years of my life and im payin for the damn thing?!
Most people that are accepted to med school have better grammar than this. I hope you spell checked the essay on the application.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
i spelled the way i did cuz i didnt give a rats @** about what i was spelling, maybe, jus maybe its cuz im not in school in this very date and time

·
Registered
43 Posts
Technically, I'm not in med school at this time either (out on hospital rotations right now), but I can still spell just fine and write coherently.

Back to the point, you still haven't clarified exactly how much of the car you will be paying and how much you expect your parents to assist you with. Give us some numbers, as I assume you know what you want on this car by this point and have run some searches on edmunds.com and other auto websites to get an idea on the price. If you want a $24k souped up car, for example, how much of a downpayment are you putting down? What are you calculating your monthly payments to be and over what period, and what percentage will your parents be paying? How much is your insurance? When will you have your job, and will you be able to afford the above on your salary and current savings?

If you can't answer the above, you're wasting your time. I'm also curious how you got that medical school lasts 8 years, unless you're just starting college and you're counting that as well, in which case you need to grow up a little before you actually start the application process in a few years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
quiksilverx181 said:
i spelled the way i did cuz i didnt give a rats @** about what i was spelling, maybe, jus maybe its cuz im not in school in this very date and time
Nobody really cares.. your handwriting is supposed to be illegible anyway.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts