Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha, just kidding, I also added my own personal touch, I got this idea from the lincoln blackwood, keep in mind, I was in insane rain all day so my car is dirty as all hell, I did not get a chance to get er cleaned up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no its not satan, haha, its the dealership tag, or is that the same thing? haha

--------->which I am removing I just got tired and didn't wan't any sloppy
--------->that last sentance sounds interesting. i'll roll with it

·
Registered
109 Posts
[quote author=Purplesyrup link=topic=139903.msg3015456#msg3015456 date=1237950749]
haha, just kidding, I also added my own personal touch, I got this idea from the lincoln blackwood, keep in mind, I was in insane rain all day so my car is dirty as all hell, I did not get a chance to get er cleaned up.

[/quote]

Sure wouldn't use that type of gas......yuck. Shell V-Power for me.....since I got the car....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
out of the 200 gas stations we have, we have one shell, and its so far away, not that I mind to drive but it was all rainy and gross,

Ok now I can adda some more details, this whole deal took me about 5 hours for two reasons: I am already chopped (slowed down) and screwed (messedup) cause I've been havin to take insane painkillers from a surgery gone wrong that caused all sorts of incredably painful problems. And the other reason is I wanted is to be P E R F E C T
I don't allow my self any room for errors, if I make a mistake I have to stab my hand with a knife, haha not really, but keep that thought in your mind when something has to be done perfect. (I really am kidding, i'm not a nutcase)

-Trouble areas-
-Damn glue from the stock letters-- not fun, I tried what everyone was saying to do but I ended up using a microfiber towel with one end soaked in alcohol and one end dry, one letter at a tim I would wipe the alcohol side, then wipe it with the dry side, so you can visually tell that left over glue looks damp and wipe it with the dry side before it dries, and just kept repeating this step, now this did cause a little scuffing on the clear, and you could still see where the old letters used to be from right angles, clean with soapy water, take a buffer, and use a cleaner wax, I used Maguiars cleaner wax, i buffed the area really heavey with wax. then polished, the repeated the same thing agina,

-on the surface where i put the new P U R P L E S Y R U P emblem, I gave it a serious wax job with cleaner wax, then turtle wax, I wanted to be sure and do this because this area will be hard to wax in the future,
Then still where letters go with rubbing alcohol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts