Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
70W pro halogen
I CANT see anything at night... 25 feet away from the stop sign and it doesnt even light up..
is it possible that i have to adjust the height, possibly bring them higher?
i would say that i lost about 50% of the vision.
anyone know anything about this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I have a friend who owns a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe. He read somewhere on a BMW forum of guys taking high beam bulbs, and cutting away one of the plastic pieces that keeps them from being plugged into a low beam socket on the connector.

The result... His lights are VERY BRIGHT. HID quality, I mean, you can see that his lights are on in broad daylight. I think that is pretty crazy. If you're all interested, maybe it'll work on ur MZ3's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I have hid lights but i changed my stock highbeam lights to some Nokya arctic whites 100w....umm yea..they're not white at all....when i flip the high beam switch they're straight up bright ass blue....they're so blue anything it shines on turns blue....they look nice when theyr'e off but i know they're highly illegal...aren't they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
DonTouchME said:
I have hid lights but i changed my stock highbeam lights to some Nokya arctic whites 100w....umm yea..they're not white at all....when i flip the high beam switch they're straight up bright ass blue....they're so blue anything it shines on turns blue....they look nice when theyr'e off but i know they're highly illegal...aren't they?
100W bulbs will melt your headlamp casing too....
 
G

·
That's strange, the aftermarket bulb it is melt my headlight

hmm....that's strange...because I just put my Razo light on about a week but it is melt my headlight sucker which it is connect with the H7 main bulb. it is 55W same as factory one, so I don't know what cause that??? and it cost me $97 to repair!! do any of you change the aftermarket bulb and melt your's headlight sucker too?????? please discuss~~^^
 
G

·
i have the 70W Hoen titanium on for about 2 weeks, pretty much running all the time and it works just fine and no meltage going on here... a friend of mines had the "rice" blue lights in her accord and it killed her battery/alternator and melted the damn housing and wires, crazy shit.. but you get what you pay for
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
i had a pair of ricer bulbs in my 95 eclipse. it didn't melt my housing or anything, but it did make my visibility alot worse. It ended up causing me to flip the poor car. RIP "Camel"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
try...

try PIAAs they are good quality bulbs though they are expensive... only drawback is that they are pretty rare to come by and there is a large variety of them so finding the best one is a tricky thing... my personal favorite is the metallic coated PIAAs halogen they look at 130watts but draw only 65w, the metallic coating on them supposedly keeps it cooler and changes the color to a sort of irridescent look...

also B1Hybrid and Raybrigs are awesome lights to pick up and a whole lot better den the NOKYAs and Eurolights and Matrix Ult. Whites... i would know i get to sample all these bulbs for free at my working place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
Re: try...

mansu3 said:
try PIAAs they are good quality bulbs though they are expensive... only drawback is that they are pretty rare to come by and there is a large variety of them so finding the best one is a tricky thing... my personal favorite is the metallic coated PIAAs halogen they look at 130watts but draw only 65w, the metallic coating on them supposedly keeps it cooler and changes the color to a sort of irridescent look...

also B1Hybrid and Raybrigs are awesome lights to pick up and a whole lot better den the NOKYAs and Eurolights and Matrix Ult. Whites... i would know i get to sample all these bulbs for free at my working place.
Here we go again.....PIAA's are crap and expensive. Read a little:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/superwhite/superwhite.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/good/good.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Re: try...

M3-GT said:
mansu3 said:
try PIAAs they are good quality bulbs though they are expensive... only drawback is that they are pretty rare to come by and there is a large variety of them so finding the best one is a tricky thing... my personal favorite is the metallic coated PIAAs halogen they look at 130watts but draw only 65w, the metallic coating on them supposedly keeps it cooler and changes the color to a sort of irridescent look...

also B1Hybrid and Raybrigs are awesome lights to pick up and a whole lot better den the NOKYAs and Eurolights and Matrix Ult. Whites... i would know i get to sample all these bulbs for free at my working place.
Here we go again.....PIAA's are crap and expensive. Read a little:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/superwhite/superwhite.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/good/good.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html
interesting... and i guess much of it could be believed, but then again if PIAAs are crap and useless for visibilty then why are they used in 36% of all Rally cars as well as a majority of JGTC events in Japan, including the famous night-time Touge Drift Battles?

if PIAAs are crap then i don't think PROFESSIONAL rally racers would use them in their Fog setups... it just wouldn't makke sense for them to use bulbs that suck... when theyre going at speeds of over 90mph in forest terrain, where visibility is a must.

PLUS if PIAAs sucked so much then why would they not only be used in motorsports but a majority of snow sports (snowmobile racing), motorcycle circuit challenges, and all-terrain competitions???

It's interesting how people still believe everything they read... look at the website... compare it to the PIAA website... which one looks more reputable... danielstern lighting... hmmm never heard of them or their products, just look at the construct of their site; i do not believe that their "research" is fully legit but does have some good points that i will credit... but not that "PIAA's are crap"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
OK then. To be more specific....PIAA blue bulbs are crap. "PROFESSIONAL rally racers" like you said, don't use blue bulbs but clear or yellow bulbs. That's the difference. The discussion was about blue bulbs. Anyway...I think I was more specific this time for you to understand. :roll:

PIAA's Blue bulbs' Marketing is targeted at young ricers like you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
M3-GT said:
OK then. To be more specific....PIAA blue bulbs are crap. "PROFESSIONAL rally racers" like you said, don't use blue bulbs but clear or yellow bulbs. That's the difference. The discussion was about blue bulbs. Anyway...I think I was more specific this time for you to understand. :roll:

PIAA's Blue bulbs' Marketing is targeted at young ricers like you.
ohok... thanks for the clear up. :roll: :rofl:

odd that you thought you made it clear since i was talking about the irridscent (metallic) PIAA bulbs for people to try out... the metallic bulbs are a clear-ish color that has an irridescent color to it, it is used on a lot of streetbike courses for their distinct sharpness that can be seen at varying angles...

i didn't mention anything about "blue" PIAA bulbs, so i don't know where you got such an idea... guess that's what you get for ass-uming things... would you like to try and condescend on me any further?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
mansu3 said:
M3-GT said:
OK then. To be more specific....PIAA blue bulbs are crap. "PROFESSIONAL rally racers" like you said, don't use blue bulbs but clear or yellow bulbs. That's the difference. The discussion was about blue bulbs. Anyway...I think I was more specific this time for you to understand. :roll:

PIAA's Blue bulbs' Marketing is targeted at young ricers like you.
ohok... thanks for the clear up. :roll: :rofl:

odd that you thought you made it clear since i was talking about the irridscent (metallic) PIAA bulbs for people to try out... the metallic bulbs are a clear-ish color that has an irridescent color to it, it is used on a lot of streetbike courses for their distinct sharpness that can be seen at varying angles...

i didn't mention anything about "blue" PIAA bulbs, so i don't know where you got such an idea... guess that's what you get for ass-uming things... would you like to try and condescend on me any further?
"would you like to try and condescend on me any further?"

Tempting but no thanks....wasted enough time arguing with you. Buy what you want buudy...it's your money.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top