Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, just came back from the dealer with all the paper work done and what not. 2007 Mazda3 hatchback sport in silver (feel free to add in the "Hatches Rule" picture). I got it for $15,995, and then after tax, title, minus Zoomzoom live rebate, it came out to $17,288.05 out the door. Did I get a good deal?

I'm picking it up tommorow so pics shall come then.

:D :D :D

· Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=mica3speedy link=topic=64775.msg1111008#msg1111008 date=1166462098]
- - - you got a good deal if you drove off the lot smiling :)
[/quote]

Depends on what the salesman did to close the deal. :shock:

I wanna see pics too! Enjoy your new ride and ignore the snowflake wheel comments that will show up. They actually grow on you. :D

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it from OakTree Mazda as a newspaper special. Good thing that "only 1 in stock" happened to be exactly what I was looking for too.

The snowflake wheels have slightly grown on me. I didn't get a chance to get pictures today since I picked it up in the morning then had work until 4:30 which by then, is dark. Tommorow I have off so I will take pictures then. Other than that, I am very happy with my purchase and have put about 30 miles on it just cruising around. This is my first stick car so I'm still getting used to it for every day driving, especially those damn inclines :?

· Registered
777 Posts
Cpham, that's an unbelievable deal! Invoice with destination on the MZ3 sport is $17050, so your price was over $1000 below invoice, and that's before the ZZL rebate, which is unheard of for a new MZ3. And from your out the door price it doesn't look like the dealer hit you with an unreasonable fees or charges. What was the mileage on your vehicle when you got it? And is there some reason that only that 1 vehicle had that price? Perhaps I should drive up north to your dealer to see if I can swing a similar deal... :p Congrats!

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks kendalf. This is Oaktree Mazda's 3rd time doing the $16k deal for new 07 hatches. The 2nd time they had it, I called and it was a phantom purple so there was no way I was getting that. Third time, I called, it was still in stock, so I headed down and there she was. 23 miles on the odometer and everything in tip top shape. They put the newspaper ad in the Sunday Mercury Newspaper. Funny thing is, a couple came to look at it on Saturday and I came on Sunday. While nearing sealing the deal, the people from Saturday came and the guy who was working with me hid the keys in his pocket and locked the doors remotely since the Saturday people were serious about buying it. Needless to say, they were pissed when the manager had to tell them I made a decision to buy the car.

Day 3 of having the car, and I've already put 180 miles on it! This is my first stick car so I've been having tons of fun learning new things, taking it for a spin around corners. No more massive body roll compared to the handy down '87 Accord i've been driving for the past 4 years.

As for the deal, this is what I was told by the dealer. For ad specials below invoice, they register it with Mazda corporate and Mazda reimburses some of the money or gives them a special deal on future vehical purchases so they don't have to take such a major loss.

Oh, and I've named my new car Rupert. My last one was named Stewie (from Family Guy) since it had the sticker on there so in relation, Rupert is Stewie's teddy bear.

When the weekend rolls around and no more work, I'll get some pictures for sure! Hopefully the week after that, FemGearHead and I will be able to meet up somewhere to get photoshoot quality pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.