Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car just arrived at the dealer late last night, wrapped the paperwork this afternoon.
Deep crystal blue. Negotiated them down $200 agreeing to finance (which I'll just pay off on the first check) + $750 Mazda loyalty + a $250/off next purchase coupon I got with prepaid maintenance last time.

Don't have anything to add about the car that the reviews haven't already covered.

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Congrats, I see by your stats that you’re not a no0b...lol. I didn’t know that Mazda came out with an AWD platform, turbo that baby!

·
Super Moderator
1,215 Posts
Congrats, I see by your stats that you’re not a no0b...lol. I didn’t know that Mazda came out with an AWD platform, turbo that baby!
Yeah, but AWD is only available with an autotragic transmission; that and it saps like 4 mpg from the fuel economy on the highway. Not Mazda's best idea or effort.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but AWD is only available with an autotragic transmission; that and it saps like 4 mpg from the fuel economy on the highway. Not Mazda's best idea or effort.
If I wasn't primarily driving in stop and go traffic I would care about a manual... I also would have kept the MX5 when my lease ended. The automatic is fine and does a decent job being in the right gear for corners and what not. Putting it in manual mode and using the paddle shifters gives me most of the control I get with a manual, while rev matching on downshifts and saving my left knee pain from my commute.

I can say it drives very well as Mazdas do, but is much nicer than any Mazda my wife or I have owned or test drove. Overall is a nice car that goes faster than my commute allows, for $15K-$30K less than other options I considered while being about as nicely equipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats. I recently picked up my 2019 AWD Hatch in Soul Red Crystal Metallic from Lee Johnson as well. It replaced my '05 Hatch. So far I am very pleased with the car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats. I recently picked up my 2019 AWD Hatch in Soul Red Crystal Metallic from Lee Johnson as well. It replaced my '05 Hatch. So far I am very pleased with the car.
Thanks and Congrats to you as well.

Lee Johnson is a decent dealer, though I'm a bit bummed they stopped giving free car washes for the life of your car, it's just now just a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts