Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAY!!! :D

Because of the way I'm getting it, I have no idea yet how long it's going to take to arrive. (I'm salary packaging the car, which means that there's a whole bunch of paperwork to be done yet). About 2 weeks, I'm told all up.

Took me a long time to decide between getting the Neo and the Maxx. At the end of the day, I decided that the three main upgrades between the optioned Neo and the Maxx are the Alloy wheels, 6-stack CD player, and most importantly the better looking interior trim. And I decided they were worth the extra money.

After all, the main reason that I'm getting the Mazda3 rather than a Sirion or Mirage is because of looks, and the Maxx interior just looks a million times better than the Neo, which I reckon is worth the extra cost.

(Your taste my vary, of course - I'm just talking about my opinion).

The colour will be Winning Blue, which looks just plain cool...

Before anyone asks - sorry, can't tell you the price I paid for it, as it's under a confidentiality agreement.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good stuff Astaroth - congrats! :D

Judging by your 'comparisons', you must have gotten the hatch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the Sedan, actually. Again, purely a taste thing, thought it looked a bit nicer.

(Although it was a close run thing)=

·
Registered
372 Posts
Astaroth said:
Got the Sedan, actually
hahahahaha :rofl: How's that for jumping to conclusions? I tend to agree though that the sedan does look nicer. But I would have liked to have that storage compartment in the boot that the hatch has.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but horses for courses - you can't get everything, even with the Mazda3. :)

Looks like my car will be from the Feb 04 build. The downside of which is that it'll take longer, but at least I get the audio controls on the steering wheel.

Hmmm - any suggestions on how to kill the (approximately) 40-50 days until it turns up?? :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What, and spurn my poor '93 Excel? :)

Plus, I'm in sunny Canberra - no trams. Have to drive to Melbourne to do that.

(Which is a pretty good idea in itself).

And, before our beloved mod Dinu can get in to say it - can you please add your location to your profile?

·
Registered
670 Posts
the mazda dealer here was nice enough to let me borrow one of the mazda 3s on the lot while I wait for my special ordered one to come in. Definately the nicest dealer I've ever heard of. of course I ended up having too much negitive equity in my current car to take advantage of his offer. *Team Mazda of Rock Hill(SC)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the location in my profile, missed it as I was quickly registering myself to post.

Personally I'm waiting to test drive the SP23 and the Maxx Sport. I can't wait to see what the Mazda6 engine in a Mazda3 chasis can do. But will probably only be able to afford the Maxx Sport (at best).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got the plain Maxx - didn't think the sports pack was really worth it. Looks nice, but so does the base Maxx...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts