Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just installed a DDM HID kit today. They were aimed really bad so I went ahead and adjusted them. Here are 2 pics from my cell phone. One is from 10 feet away and one is from 25 feet. Let me know if they look ok or not. I'm satisfied with them.

10 feet

25 feet

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It looks like my left light is messed up. if I aim it down then its like facing the ground but when I aim it to match the right one its way higher. IDK :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I just take it somewhere to get it adjusted? I want that perfect straight line! Think the dealership will do it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=135668.msg2921090#msg2921090 date=1234078871]
The bulbs are not completely seated.
[/quote]

What does that mean exactly?? What do I need to do? Take them out and redo them?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
[quote author=blueman189 link=topic=135668.msg2921097#msg2921097 date=1234079010]
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=135668.msg2921090#msg2921090 date=1234078871]
[/quote]

What does that mean exactly?? What do I need to do? Take them out and redo them?
[/quote]
Who did you get your HIDs from? Did you get the spacer?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=135668.msg2921121#msg2921121 date=1234079405]
[quote author=blueman189 link=topic=135668.msg2921097#msg2921097 date=1234079010]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Who did you get your HIDs from? Did you get the spacer?
[/quote]

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_retrofit.html

That's what I got. Not sure if there is a "spacer" there or not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also is it just my left one that is messed up or my right one is wrong too?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=135668.msg2921148#msg2921148 date=1234080313]
so you tried to put D2S bulbs in an h7?
[/quote]

No sorry this is the link. I used H7.

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit.html

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
then you need to remove them and start over. Make sure your bulbs go all the way in. The tab lines up with the slot at the top

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok I will do that next time I get a chance. I thought I had them in all the way but I knew something was wrong. Maybe this time I will take off the bumper.

·
Registered
801 Posts
From what I see from your picture, bulb is pointing way down from where it's supposed to be. Very much likely because of missing spacer causing bulb to be out of possition.

Reference chart for example of output pattern( 3m from wall) of
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=134671.0

From picture, couldn't tell if otherside ok or not. But if without spacer, that is problem anyway.
I believe you must have inserted bulb all the way in, but without spacer, bulb retainer spring can not hold bulb with proper tension at all.

So before taking bumper off, get spacer and re insert bulb with spacer.

untill then, HID bulb might move and play around with bump or any shock since it's not secured. Try easy driving or temporary back to halogen for safty to prevent possible dmage to your HID bulb.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=upashi link=topic=135668.msg2921417#msg2921417 date=1234108692]
From what I see from your picture, bulb is pointing way down from where it's supposed to be. Very much likely because of missing spacer causing bulb to be out of possition.

Reference chart for example of output pattern( 3m from wall) of
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=134671.0

From picture, couldn't tell if otherside ok or not. But if without spacer, that is problem anyway.
I believe you must have inserted bulb all the way in, but without spacer, bulb retainer spring can not hold bulb with proper tension at all.

So before taking bumper off, get spacer and re insert bulb with spacer.

untill then, HID bulb might move and play around with bump or any shock since it's not secured. Try easy driving or temporary back to halogen for safty to prevent possible dmage to your HID bulb.

[/quote]

Ok what spacer do I need? I remember reading about this but I thought my kit had one with it. I guess not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so in the picture below. The thing I circled in Red. Is that the spacer? If so I definitely had those. Could I have put them in wrong? Like upside down?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the guy that installed them said they had the spacers on them. If they didn't have the spacers the clip wouldn't go on them right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I just went out and took out the HID's. They definitely have the spacers. I put them back in and they are nice and snug. Which they looked snug before I took them out. There is only 1 way to put in the bulb in right? well its day time so I guess I will have to wait till tonight. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got it fixed! I just took out both bulbs and put them back in and made sure they were right. Now my problem is my left headlight is a bit high. And the other day when it was facing the ground I aimed it up. I might have stripped out the screw to aim it up or down. The right one goes down farther but not the left one. Can I fix this somehow?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts