Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a COBB SF Intake over this past weekend and I love it :). But I'm wondering if anyone has had any sort of intake alter their "current fuel consumption" readout. All the driving I have done since the install has yielded high mpg on both the "current" and "average" displays. Also the "current mpg" is fluctuating quite a bit even if my throttle input doesn't change. I'm assuming the intake is causing the readings. Is there anyone with experience who can tell me if the readings will somehow level out and normalize? It's not really a big deal but I found it useful and entertaining to track the mpg. Thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I would suggest disconnecting the neg battery terminal and press and hold the brake pedal for about 10 seconds.....this will reset the ecu and let it relearn itself for about 40 miles

then your mpg should start to compensate with newer parts being installed

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=steven88 link=topic=135737.msg2923042#msg2923042 date=1234161774]
I would suggest disconnecting the neg battery terminal and press and hold the brake pedal for about 10 seconds.....this will reset the ecu and let it relearn itself for about 40 miles

then your mpg should start to compensate with newer parts being installed
[/quote]

Thanks, I disconnected the battery when I did the installation, and a few minutes ago I read that it can take 50-100(?) miles to adjust. So far I've done around 80-90 so I might give it a little more time.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
oh well if you disconnected the battery you are good to go then! it should only take about 40-50 miles if you ask me

at least for mine it does....if i go wot on the first mile, it will run like crap...then going wot about 40 miles into the trip, it pulls like a bat out of hell!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, with or without the gains and all the electronic stuff, it seems like a small price to pay for that turbo whoosh, can't get enough

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
[quote author=Czar Quanovan link=topic=135737.msg2923120#msg2923120 date=1234165848]
Yeah, with or without the gains and all the electronic stuff, it seems like a small price to pay for that turbo whoosh, can't get enough
[/quote]

yup, the ms3 is not complete without an intake...the whooshing sound is intoxicating

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
[quote author=brecker link=topic=135737.msg2923246#msg2923246 date=1234185222]
Now it's time to get all that air out, and get a Downpipe :lol: (CP-E specifically)
[/quote]

agreed...if you need cp-e parts at a great price...check out cp-e saloon and store

1 - 8 of 8 Posts