Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just installed my bomz intake first big install ive ever done on a car and god was it annoying. To tell you the truth the screws to the intake resonator that everyone raves and rants about were pretty easy but the F*cking splash gaurds were the BIGGest pain in my ass and also getting the white part of the breather hose out of the stock accordian tubing was horrible. Now my two questions are.

1. Theres a bracket right next to the breather hose tube on the intake. on everyones i see there is something attached to it its not the Maf so i have no clue what to put on it so i did nothing wondering if thats bad.

2. is it really that important that i give the Maf more slack?? by taking off that bolt cause it was giving me a hassle and i didt want to deal with it.

thanks Nick

Btw the intake sounds great and no CEL so im greatful for that just looking out for long term.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes you will want to give the MAF wires more slack. Usually you can undo the connection that are on the outside of the battery box and that will work just fine. They should just pull away from the box.

sorry I can't help with the 1st question I'm not sure what you are refering to.

Do you have any protection for the filter like the Hydo Shield?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no im buyingone today i belieive so when it rains i dont freak out.... as for the first question there are three brackets on the first tubing for the bomz and for the injen system first bracket i dont know what its for second is for the breather hose and third is the part for the MAF with tthe huge whole in it im trying to figure out what the first bracket is for.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
first bracket is to hold the "mitsubishi" logo'd sensor that was screwed to the stock intake housing....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

k you see the black bracket right above the MAF sensor bracket theres nothing attached to it in this photo.....its right at the top of the photo thats what my bracket im talking about looks like.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
like i mentioned before.. its for another useless sensor..... just to hold it... its not really used for anything....... ill c if i can take pic soon

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok i thought u meant it was for a sensor i needed thanks alot man that was kinda giving me alot of grief im relieved now. =D

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
this is the pic i took right now

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
is the bomz a 100% injen copy, as in it tapers to 3" at the end, etc? fits fine, same bends and whatnot?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
yes sir :) from the pic i just posted you can tell its 2.5" at MAF sensor.. and then its 3" all the way down... im using AEM dryflow filter on it.. 3" inlet..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
[quote author=drknsurfur link=topic=138418.msg2983178#msg2983178 date=1236613090]im trying to figure out what the first bracket is for.
[/quote]

The bracket holds the barometric sensor. 06+ don't have it, so you don't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
why would you need to give slack to MAF if it reaches.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Because when the engine is under load it will move when giving it gas or shifting.

And when the engine moves, the wires can get pulled on.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
if you wont do it.. you will stretch the maf wires resulting in mis reading the air coming in.. throwing a code...... and replacement of the wires

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138418.msg2983481#msg2983481 date=1236621541]
yes sir :) from the pic i just posted you can tell its 2.5" at MAF sensor.. and then its 3" all the way down... im using AEM dryflow filter on it.. 3" inlet..
[/quote]

same gains and everything? i'm considering this cai since it seems to be the most water-safe in terms of filter positioning. i like my simota sri but i want a few more ponies. any loss in low end at all?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=138418.msg2983805#msg2983805 date=1236631260]
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138418.msg2983481#msg2983481 date=1236621541]
[/quote]

same gains and everything? i'm considering this cai since it seems to be the most water-safe in terms of filter positioning. i like my simota sri but i want a few more ponies. any loss in low end at all?
[/quote]
low end it looses a little.... but after 2500-2700 rpm car wakes up... lol..
but low end is not that bad.. but noticable.. nothing that advanced timing wouldnt fix

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya i noticed that i did a drive to huntington today and i could tell that it would lag a little more in low end but once i got to 3000 it would roar by and had alot more to give at really high rpms where it used to top out

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
yea.. all of my friends noticed that... .. there is a slight loss in low end.. but it makes it up in top end

·
Registered
346 Posts
the only thing I can say is get an optimized TB it eliminates almost all the lag that you have from the CAI.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts