Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had our 3 in the shop for 2 days. If you tried to start the car, it would take at least 2 attempts, to get it started. It would not fire on the first attempt. This lead me to believe it was a fuel pump or fuel pressure problem. Took it to the dealer on Tuesday (2/10/04) and they told me it was a bad fuel pump. The pressure in the line was dropping to 10psi after 2 minutes when the car was off. They had to order the pump, and they gave me an '04 Suburban with 7 miles on it. Not a bad loaner. Picked it back up last night (2/12/04). They said that had 2 more come in the same day with the same problem. Everything is back to normal now.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
great to hear the news! and great to hear that they gave u a loaner without hassling you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a job like that, Mazda will give you a rental car regardless. BUT, the dealership took the liberty of giving you a brand new car as a loaner, most of the time its through an agency. Though thats awesome they gave you a Suburban lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Plan on waiting a while, I took my 3s in for the same problem on Feb 3rd. The pump was on backorder. I just called and they said it has just been released and expected to be delivered on Monday. Of course they told me that I didn;t need a loaner and my car would be fine for the next couple of weeks. I didn't argue because the loaner I got for the day it took them to confirm my problem was a 2000 protege piece of crap. It was an automatic and every time I'd try to accelerate it felt like the tranny just dropped. I hate automatics! Hope they are paying for gas too, Suburbans SUCK, especially in a city.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, my car is already fixed and out of the shop. I wasn't leaving until they shipped it next day air on wednesday, they got it thursday (yesterday) and I got it back last night. Took them about 5 hours to put it on and back to me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
PhilZer said:
What is the build date on the car/s with the bad fuel pump/s?

And the mileage at which they're being replaced?

Hiya Philzer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts