Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Nice, but I'll hang onto my gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk.

· Registered
390 Posts
I think the front and back look great! I'm just not too impressed with the side-view.

+1 for pics of inside!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO the ride feels the same as a 2nd gen. theres a good bit of carbon fiber looking parts on the inside and the gauge cluster looks cool, but the radio looks kinda ;/ i forgot to snap a pic and the car sold like an hour after we got it lol. but ill take some more pics when i get another one in.

· Registered
172 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
i gotta tell ya, i just plain don't like 'em. cars have souls: my first gen is like rudy, ya know? not the biggest or baddest, but all the heart in the world. this just looks like fred from scooby doo. all dressed up but not much else goin on lol. and plus one on looking like a crossover. i guess we'll see once somebody starts slappin parts on one but for now, i'm out.

· Registered
492 Posts
It's always hard to top the first gen of anything. Frankly the 2004 does look better, but I still think the 2014 looks good. It might be Fred rather than Daphne, but at least it's not Scooby himself like the last gen! :)

I think the 18 inch rims will help with the "crossover" look. Wonder how the optional RAYS will look...

· Registered
176 Posts
Yeah I love the first gen too, test drove it and almost bought it but got a better deal on my vibe gt. I then saw the second gen and thought I'd wait, couldn't get pass the giant smile and still hasn't grown on me. Had a rental and loved the way it drives but hated the look =/ Now comes the third gen and at first glance I didn't like the hatch but it's grown on me and actually prefer the "crossover" look. Just looks more mature and grown up in a way. I totally understand people loving the gen they have and I would too as I did when I had my accord. The new kid on the block will almost always get some beef from the old gang haha Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, looking at the car as a whole and from someone that has never owned a mazda, it seems to be better in every aspect compared to the old.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.