Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that works at a customizing shop, and he's good with painting, so I had him do my tail lights, reflectors, and side markers. He mixed black paint and clear coat and sprayed it over all of them. I will get better pics when the weather improves, but I also don't have my emblems on, going to paint them black. It was ridiculous having to take the bumper off to get to the reflectors..

·
Registered
144 Posts
lucky you in texas where may get away with it, i run a body shop in california and my painter has been bugging me to paint my lights, but here in la its different, cops will hassle you for anything, so i'm comtemplating the idea, i got all my 2 emblems painted black. they look awsome

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=139993.msg3017514#msg3017514 date=1238027326]
they look pitch black.....you know they make spray on tint??? right???

and WTF is up with your emblems left over tape???
[/quote]

I took those pics directly after I had removed the emblems. Its just the left over adhesive. It came off with some elbow grease and goo gone. Yeah, they make spray on tint, but why mess with the cheap stuff when I have access to stuff that car custom shops use?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=139993.msg3017506#msg3017506 date=1238027103]
The work and look is clean. How's the light output?
[/quote]

The light output is surprisingly well despite the darkness of the tail lights. They are still bright even in the daylight.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Can we see pics of the light out put in the day? Maybe with the tail lights on, and then the brake lights on as well? :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
MOAR PICS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts