Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
With the way you are asking about hydrolock, I am a little concerned.... you didn't manage to do that already did you?!

· Registered
607 Posts
FIVE MORE DAYS!!!! :madthrow: :cry: :grr: :tense:

· Registered
607 Posts
Doing a baseline dyno on Monday morning. After the ECU learns that it has much more air coming in and it feels like it is up to snuff I will be doing an after dyno as well. If I can get a scanner I will post them.

· Registered
607 Posts
28th also...

· Registered
607 Posts
I posted this on the dyno thread, but I figured I would post it here as well. It is only my baseline. I will not have my CAI in till Wed. I figure I will give it a week or two then go pull it again. I do not have a scanner, so I had to type it in. Once i get a scanner I will actually post the graphs.

[quote author=proclam link=topic=61115.msg1233184#msg1233184 date=1172507644]
I need to get a scanner but I just did my baseline run on the MS3. Dynojet. It was in 4th gear, 93 octane, one massive fan in front(large enough that it was blowing a ton of air at the front of the car and over the TMIC). No scanner to post it, but here is what the numbers were:

1.) 9:29:22 am, 79.81 F. 30.21 in-Hg, Humidity 81% Max Power = 245.60 Max Torque = 266.36

2.) 9:30:35 am, 80.65 F. 30.21 in-Hg, Humidity 80% Max Power = 229.64 Max Torque = 251.69

3.) 9:44:51 am, 81.99 F. 30.23 in-Hg, Humidity 71% Max Power = 249.45 Max Torque = 263.32

I had them do the first two pulls back to back so I could get a good idea of how bad heatsoak is... pretty bad as you can see. The biggest obstacle this car has though is the A/F ratio. It is ugly. Cannot wait for PNP from Cobb or CPE.
[/quote]

When its still cool, there is not much drivetrain loss at all. Pretty wild actually. 14-18 whp and 14-17 wtq loss. Compare that to some other fwds, and not to mention awds :lol:.

· Registered
607 Posts
As long as you use common sense, water hitting your filter and the possibility of hydrolock are remote if even that. You really have to be trying very hard to do something that stupid. If you see a puddle... avoid it. :lol: It is really pretty simple. If you can't, take it very slow if it looks like it has some depth. Like I said, common sense. Since it rains down here all of the time, and I'll remind you I live in a tropical/subtropical climate zone, this is something I have dealt with on all of my vehicles over the years. Never one problem. Not even a wet filter. So if you get one, just remember that you have it. Thats all.

· Registered
607 Posts
Give me a week or so, then we will see after dynos, want the ECU to learn about the CAI before I test her. In the meantime, I posted my results from my baseline on the dyno thread, and a couple of posts ago on this thread.

· Registered
607 Posts
SWEET, Its here!

· Registered
607 Posts
Well my before is up, but I haven't had the time to get back there to dyno it with it on. There was a link somewhere to another site though showing 24whp, and 24.3wtq or something like that. He had before and afters also if I remember correctly. The only reason I am not sold completely on it is the fact that my numbers and his didn't line up. But that could be an elevation issue. Not sure where he was. (My baseline was significantly more powerful than his with the CAI. On a dynojet also. No need to thread jack about different dynos even when the same brand etc. making different numbers, I am well aware. :p )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.