Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all---

Just picked up my brand new 07 3 SGT on Jan 4th after a horrendous and painful 4 month wait period! :shock: I ordered the car at my local dealership back in Sept because I wanted the apparently “rare” aurora blue mica color in GT trim with the Bose-Moonroof package and autodim mirror and of course a manual tranny. It turns out that combination was nowhere to be seen in the entire northeast, so I had no choice…oh well. Ever since the 3 came out I KNEW I had to have the car when it was time to purchase my first new vehicle after college. However, I did tons of research, read reviews, and poking around on this forum for the past several months before I submitted the order. This is one awesome vehicle considering my college car was a 1990 Plymouth Acclaim LX :x….need I say more??? Now I can actually take corners at decent speed without the tires losing grip!!

I love how everyone stares at the car and I’ve gotten so many compliments from friends and co-workers alike. Handling is awesome, Bose system kicks arse, interior is luxurious and sporty, I can actually see the road now with the HIDs, heated seats are nice (at least with the winters we get here in MA), LED tails are just plain cool, engine is really powerful for a 4-cyl…quiet yet a sporty exhaust note 8), and of course the color----the Acclaim was a boring white, this one really stands out in the crowd!! FYI--I think the new 07 manual shift knob looks a little cheap, so when I took delivery I asked the dealer if I could swap it with an 06 knob. See below for the result :) And YES I like the 04-06 17" rims better, but I'm not going to the trouble or expense of swapping them out.

Planned Mods: LED CHMSL, rear turns (when they come out with LED units that don’t require a ridiculous load resistor), and reverse. Xenon fogs and high beams. Cold air intake? Maybe… Otherwise this will remain completely stock---its such a great car, what more could I want from it?

Here are some pics I took last weekend, enjoy and let me know what you think!

Peace!
-Andrew

·
Registered
54 Posts
Almost makes me wish I got blue...almost. Shift knob looks good too, I might do the same now.

All you need now is some tint, a stubby, a spoiler and a way to remove the dealer decal :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great looking car... Aurora Blue Sedan FTW!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!!
I love the color too and I'm sure she will serve me well for many years to come. Btw, when I filled it up for the first time last week I got 26mpg. Keep in mind that was driving with a REALLY heavy foot and around 80mph on the highway, I'm sure it will improve after breakin period and if I slow down a little 8)
I also need to transfer my Thule roof rack from my old car to the 3 once I order the new "fit kit" for it--I will add the Thule wind deflector to reduce noise and improve mileage but I'm sure it will suffer a little. I'll post pics when its installed.

I'm def NOT adding a spoiler because that makes it a little too ricey for my taste, plus the car is sporty enough as it is :) I specifically asked the dealer not to install the dealer decal when the car came in, but they did it anyway---however they agreed to remove it at my next scheduled service.

Brice, here is what is written inside the speakers: :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn... maybe I should've gotten a GT. That's clean dude! Show us some night pics with the HID's and the LED tails. You should get amber LED bulbs or chrome dipped halogen bulbs for those rear blinkers for the ultimate clean look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gorgeous car!!! BUT please remove the dealer advertisments... 8)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
[quote author=07_MZ3SGT_Aurora link=topic=66983.msg1152322#msg1152322 date=1168967671]
I specifically asked the dealer not to install the dealer decal when the car came in, but they did it anyway---however they agreed to remove it at my next scheduled service.
[/quote]

Hey congrats on your car...nice ride!
By the way....you don't need to wait for them to remove the dealer decal. This is really easy to do yourself, just takes a little patience. This is the first thing I did to my car the same night I brought it home. The sticker was still fresh, it was cold out and it came off easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts