Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research before I went and drove one today. I was prepared for it to be a nice car, but WOW! It was nicer than any $18k car has a right to be. I've yet to see one on the road driving around in Phoenix, but if these cars aren't flying off the lot soon I'll be shocked. I was very impressed with the overall feel of quality and I was surprised how fast the 2.3 felt. I was trying not to get too far in it since the car only had a few miles on it but it was still flying. I imagine I should be picking one up in the next month or so. I can't wait....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I know exactly what your talking aboot :)

Wait till you own one, its even better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I drove one for the first time today as well... unfortunately I knew more about the car than the salesman :D I was asking him questions that I already mostly knew the answers to in order to see what other info it might bring about and he was unsure of a lot. Nice guy, but if I had just been casually looking he would have had a hard time selling to me without knowing more about it to talk about.

He said he had driven one for the first time just the day before and that he had really enjoyed it, but that he hadn't had a lot of people come asking about them yet, but they are still pretty new... I would also be suprised not to see more of these on the road as time passes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
FatMorbo said:
He said he had driven one for the first time just the day before and that he had really enjoyed it, but that he hadn't had a lot of people come asking about them yet, but they are still pretty new...
Where is this dealer located? Antartica? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M3-GT said:
FatMorbo said:
He said he had driven one for the first time just the day before and that he had really enjoyed it, but that he hadn't had a lot of people come asking about them yet, but they are still pretty new...
Where is this dealer located? Antartica? LOL
There just isn't a huge demand for small cars in the US to begin with. What demand there is seems to be made up of alot of people who will automaticly buy a Civic without considering anything else. Honda surely has the most to lose assuming the word about the 3 eventually gets out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
East coast

Problem I have had in Virginia is that many of the rural Mazda dealers don't even have the M3 Sport-4 door in stock yet. I am hoping in the next few weeks to be able to drive one without having to go to Northern Virginia.

Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
uberjeff said:
M3-GT said:
FatMorbo said:
He said he had driven one for the first time just the day before and that he had really enjoyed it, but that he hadn't had a lot of people come asking about them yet, but they are still pretty new...
Where is this dealer located? Antartica? LOL
There just isn't a huge demand for small cars in the US to begin with. What demand there is seems to be made up of alot of people who will automaticly buy a Civic without considering anything else. Honda surely has the most to lose assuming the word about the 3 eventually gets out...
Here it's different. Last year for the first time the Protege was the best selling car beating even Honda. Maybe that's why everybody here seems to go crazy for the new 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,626 Posts
6 months into the 6 being out, the dealers still didn't know a whole lot about the car. I would go in and spout out what I wanted and they had no clue. *shrug* It happens. But I didn't mind knowing more about the car than they did, gave me an advantage :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
Re: dealer stupidity

MazdaExperienced said:
I hate when I go to buy something and I know more about the product than the salesperson. :roll:
My friend works at Benz, and I know more than his ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
It's not unsual for me to go into anywhere and not know more than the person I am dealing with, especially for product purchases. Just the way I've been for a very long while, well armed with information... :)

Heh, it's kinda funny/sad hearing all this stuff down in the states about how the cars are just showing up or nobody knows about them cause up here in Canada these things are all over, the advertising is in full effect and it's already won awards here. Proof positive though is that Canada is Mazda's #1 market for the outgoing Protege and the 3. They sell more of those cars here than they do in any other country (outside of maybe Japan?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Yeah, there's like a ton of Mazda 3s all over the road where I live (Vancouver, BC). It's nuts!!

That and Protege 5s :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
uberjeff said:
I did some research before I went and drove one today. I was prepared for it to be a nice car, but WOW! It was nicer than any $18k car has a right to be. I've yet to see one on the road driving around in Phoenix, but if these cars aren't flying off the lot soon I'll be shocked. I was very impressed with the overall feel of quality and I was surprised how fast the 2.3 felt. I was trying not to get too far in it since the car only had a few miles on it but it was still flying. I imagine I should be picking one up in the next month or so. I can't wait....
I agree, these were the cars I was looking into buying: Infiniti FX, G35 Coupe, 350z, Evo, WRX Sti.... And the Mazda 3 came out on top in the end. The MZ3 feels surprisingly solid... I would say it is almost as rigid as the 350z. I guess the only thing that is lacking is power, but I'll fix that up with forced induction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
It's sad to hear when consumers know more than dealers cuz where are consumers suppose to go when there are unanswered questions still lingering in their minds...
Anyways, when i went to one of the local dealerships one of the dealers i spoke with said that they are suppose to get tests on their products to test their knowledge...so to me, if this is same across the board for all dealers, then they should know a good deal about their cars....but on their defense, do you really expect dealers to know cars like the back of their hands when they have at least 5 models with numerous trims for each one.....i dunno, i wanna give them the benfit of the doubt, but sometimes it's just too disappointing when the dealer responds with an "i don't know" or "i'm not sure"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
I agree, these were the cars I was looking into buying: Infiniti FX, G35 Coupe, 350z, Evo, WRX Sti.... And the Mazda 3 came out on top in the end. The MZ3 feels surprisingly solid... I would say it is almost as rigid as the 350z. I guess the only thing that is lacking is power, but I'll fix that up with forced induction.
That's amazing that even against those cars you chose the Mazda 3!!! Wow... I would've picked an STi in a heart beat!... say, why DID you get the MZ3 over these cars?

And forced induction is the fixer for every car's problems :) Much like duct tape... hehehe

i dunno, i wanna give them the benfit of the doubt, but sometimes it's just too disappointing when the dealer responds with an "i don't know" or "i'm not sure"
Sometimes "I don't know" is the best answer instead of getting lied to. When I deal with customers, if I don't know something, I try to look it up or something or say "honestly, I'm not too sure on that." Sure, it shows I don't know much about the product, but atleast I'm honest enough to know what I DO know, which is what I say next. "I don't know about that feature, but there is this feature that I do know about. If you would like to know more about this feature, I can get more info for ya."

Then again, my job is non-sales :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
dugrant153 said:
That's amazing that even against those cars you chose the Mazda 3!!! Wow... I would've picked an STi in a heart beat!... say, why DID you get the MZ3 over these cars?

And forced induction is the fixer for every car's problems :) Much like duct tape... hehehe
The STi is nice... The dealer had the one I wanted too, the test drive was awesome... But then I'm more into sleeper cars... That's why my other car is a Maxima. I figure the MZ3 is a turbo away from being an awesome sleeper... :D The only thing the STi has on the MZ3 is performance... I like the interior/ exterior and the ride of the MZ3 a lot more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
n1smo said:
dugrant153 said:
That's amazing that even against those cars you chose the Mazda 3!!! Wow... I would've picked an STi in a heart beat!... say, why DID you get the MZ3 over these cars?

And forced induction is the fixer for every car's problems :) Much like duct tape... hehehe
The STi is nice... The dealer had the one I wanted too, the test drive was awesome... But then I'm more into sleeper cars... That's why my other car is a Maxima. I figure the MZ3 is a turbo away from being an awesome sleeper... :D The only thing the STi has on the MZ3 is performance... I like the interior/ exterior and the ride of the MZ3 a lot more.
The Subaru interior was bad enough that you chose an "economy car"? ;)
Not just ANY economy, I might add ;) hehehe
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top