Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like the title says, I just dropped my car off at the Body Shop. I'm getting the Adrenaline front bumper installed. All of my tail lights are being smoked, and so are all the emblems. I can't wait to get it back. I'll post pics when I get it back either tom or Thursday

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
cant wait to see some pics man

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, its taking so long its starting to get bad in Oklahoma yet again, so that might delay the car some, we'll see. I went in today to see how its coming. All of the lights have been smoked, the door moldings are gone, all the emblems were in the process of being smoked, and the bumper was getting prepped, and I went and bought some new driving lights to replace the one factory light I had left. I have some pictures from the test fit of the bumper in the shop. Sorry for the quality they were taking w/ my SLVR.

I think it looks pretty good.

Yeah, not a whole lot of clearance for me. We decided to shoot the bottom part of the bumper w/ some Line-X type stuff to keep it from scraping the paint off of the bottom.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
is this your daily driver?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...somewhat of a daily driver. On nice days it is. My dad just bought a 350Z so anytime I can't drive my car, I just jump into his Altima. So it works out. But during the summer, it will pretty much be my daily driver. But, by that time, the bumper will not be that low, I'm putting new springs on, I'm going to go from the Sportlines that I have now to the Pro Kit.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
its lookin good so far man!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
that looks really good, but good luck getting over speed bumps...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^LOL, I've been a member of the scrapers club for a while now. But w/ this new bumper, I think I'm going to be taking it to a whole new level. O well. I hope all the work is going to be done tom. I'm crossing my fingers. I'll take more pix at the body shop

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
[quote author=bzdel2441 link=topic=68261.msg1180156#msg1180156 date=1170302779]
what are they doing to smoke your lights and emblems??
[/quote]

Probably spraying the outside of the light with black paint (but lightly), so that it smokes it. If that's what they are doing, you are asking for a ticket. I asked about this with my bodyshop that I go to, and the guy said that he did it to some other car one day, and the same week he was pulled over twice by the same cop. I guess it depends how light they can make it... because my bodyshop said when they spray it, no matter how light they try to make it, it's the blacked out look (and that's darker than the tint film you see around here on the forums.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
[quote author=roddy link=topic=68261.msg1180226#msg1180226 date=1170304055]
naw man there's nothing like being a member of the scrapers club with a freshly painted bumper rubbing against a driveway
[/quote]
+1 its a new experience.... lol. I cannot even lower my car, but im glad i got polyurethane.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Line-x is your best bet. It'll also help keep the structtural integrity intact. :D I used to have a bud that had a shop. Used to share a shop with line-x installers. They sprayed a cinder block, climbed a ladder (like they saw in a rhino lining commercial) and dropped it. F'n thing held together at 11 feet and being chucked. It landed on pavement. Didn't do shit to the pavement either. :)

I plan on line-xing my underparts like behind the wheels, since we don't have mud flaps, I'll just spray line-x there in a colour close to my body colour so it'd be unnoticable. :D Then I won't worry about going fast through dirt etc.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
we can rally in the stuff? lol.

Does it protect against scrapping that good? cause the left side of my lip is jacked up from a curb.. :(

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
yes, yes it does. Now if you were to hit it hard enough to crack mounts, that's one thing, but if you hear a rub and stop your car in time, it'd be fine, whereas a glossy paint would be all scratched bad, and pitted.

thousands or millions of people get this sprayed in the bed area of their pickup trucks for lining instead of plastic linings which do not have a weather tight seal and ruin the paint they sit on..

My uncle had it done to his Nissan Frontier. It's indestructable. He's the most nit picky clean freak I've EVER encountered. That is saying a lot, I realize it, but he loves the shit because his pride and joy truck.. he can pull a heavy package across the stuff, no matter what it's made out of, and it still looks brand new.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts