Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus, this time around I searched for "headlamp removal".
You'll see a result, open it, the bar across the top says Ford Fusion Club
The URL shows the domain as being fordfusionclub.com
The site tree displays Ford Fusion Club » Technical / Model / Performance » Exterior Lighting - Sponsored by DDM Tuning » 2004-2009 Exterior Lighting » HID Install, anyone tried w/o headlight removal?

But yet, as hinted by the "2004-2009" part, it's not at all FFC, but the MS3 forum. With shared search results. If you click the 2004-2009, you are browsing a Mazda forum, through all of the FFC badging.

There is NO reason for this anymore! There are too many differences between our vehicles to really justify sharing the forums (The lounge is NOT a good reason) and it leads to misinformation when you are reading a thread surrounded by FFC badging but the information is for a completely different vehicle.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about searching the site on mobile and accidentally buying the wrong size bushings because I got a FFC-themed Mazda thread, why do you ask?

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
[quote author=ahanix1989 link=topic=210853.msg4240211#msg4240211 date=1339829207]
Jesus, this time around I searched for "headlamp removal".
You'll see a result, open it, the bar across the top says Ford Fusion Club
The URL shows the domain as being fordfusionclub.com
The site tree displays Ford Fusion Club » Technical / Model / Performance » Exterior Lighting - Sponsored by DDM Tuning » 2004-2009 Exterior Lighting » HID Install, anyone tried w/o headlight removal?

But yet, as hinted by the "2004-2009" part, it's not at all FFC, but the MS3 forum. With shared search results. If you click the 2004-2009, you are browsing a Mazda forum, through all of the FFC badging.

There is NO reason for this anymore! There are too many differences between our vehicles to really justify sharing the forums (The lounge is NOT a good reason) and it leads to misinformation when you are reading a thread surrounded by FFC badging but the information is for a completely different vehicle.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about searching the site on mobile and accidentally buying the wrong size bushings because I got a FFC-themed Mazda thread, why do you ask?
[/quote]Wow no kidding.. that sounds really stupid/confusing. Solution is to not use the forum search function because it is garbage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, the search here is among the worst I've seen. I just use Google search and specify this site.

They'll never disassociate in my opinion - it's a matter of advertising revenue. It's a lot easier to sell ads when you're 5 times the size...

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
I've been saying this for years. Now with the new shit owners it really makes no sense. Both forums could be worth keeping but they're just dying a slow death.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts