Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I should just start off with a little introduction:
My name is Matt, and I am from Michigan. I have been driving a '99 Toyota for a couple years now. It was a "point A to point B car." It did the trick. Well, as an early graduation present, yesterday my grandparents funded a brand new 2009 Mazda 3. It is the "Metropolitan gray mica".... dark gray. I have been driving it basically non stop since yesterday morning. It has taken a little getting used to, because it is a manual transmission, and I have hardly any experience with a stick shift. But it seems to be pretty easy to pick up quickly.

I have been lookin' around these forums for the past couple weeks now, and it seems like a pretty friendly place, so I look forward to stickin around.

I am pumped to get it out, and get some pictures up here, but right now I am waiting on the time to do it, the discovery of a couple good spots to take the pictures, and the weather to clear up a little bit.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hey Matt, welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Congratulations on the new 3 What are you plans for it?

You should add your location to your profile. This makes it easy to answer some questions you may have as well as meeting up with people in your area.

Sounds like you've been exploring the forum which is great. There is tons of info and ideas in here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I plan to do a lot, but considering that a lot of things may void some warranties, some of it isn't flying by the parents to well. I want to stick with some simple things at first, like tinting the windows, adding a little spoiler in the back maybe, and perhaps a lowering kit, if I can float that one by. Also, maybe a new stereo, which would require a custom dash. So I don't know, I will keep lookin around here maybe, finding some more ideas, because right now, I can't really think of anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I actually already read that sticky, and hope to get it soon. And seriously, the horn is a little ridiculous... How easy are they to replace?

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
From what I've heard they are pretty easy... Ally has some Hella horns... plus she just posted up a video up with them....

oh and welcome to m3f!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
The horn is pretty easy to replace. Even just adding a low tone horn will be a huge improvement. To accomplish that you just need the horn (~$15), about 6-8" of wire, two female spade connectors and a male spade connector. All of that can be had for about $5. You'll also need strippers/crimpers and a screwdriver to pull off the splash shield. The whole job can be done in about 20 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts