Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slimey!

I negotiated the price and sale of the car over the phone with their sales manager without ever stepping foot in the dealership as I have never had a pleasant experience with new car dealers. I set up outside financing for the loan and told the sales manager that I would be arriving with a draft for the full amount of the car. Done deal, piece of cake . . . not quite.

I go to pick up the car and hand them the check and the first thing that happens is that the sales manager with whom I negotiated the deal sticks me with a new sales guy, who is totally clueless because it is his second day on the job. So this guy starts fumbling around with documents and starts to take down some of my information for the vehicle registration. However, he starts asking for WAY too much info, so I interrupt and ask him why he needs all this info and if they are intending to run a credit report. He says, "yes" and I immediately tell him that I DO NOT want the dealership to run my credit as the financing is already done and I had a check. So he has to call his supervisor over to see if it is OK to NOT run my credit??? WTF? When his supervisor comes over, I explain, in no uncertain terms that I do not want them to run my credit as there is NO reason to do so. The supervisor tells me directly that they will not pull my credit and that they will just need basic info for registration. Then 30 more minutes of the new guy sputtering through the documenation - he cant' even explain the terms of the warranty correctly.

Then I get directed over to the finance dept to drop off the check. Wait 30 min in an empty lobby. Then go in to an office to sign docs and hand over the check. Before we get started, the finance guy declares that I really got a good interest rate considering my current credit score. 1 second of huh? and then "how the hell do you know what my credit score is?" Finance guy: "The sales manager pulled your credit to try to see if we could finance your vehicle at a better rate." Me: :x f***ing pissed! Tirade mode kicked in and I let the finance guy have it. Then went back over the sales dept and let the sales manager and store manager have it. Their response: "Well, that's just our procedure." Me, loudly in the show room where there were about 5 other customers: "So you're telling me that your policy is to flat out lie to people's faces?" That got some looks from the crowd and one lady who had been duking it out with a sales guy over a new car earlier and who was now sitting at an empty desk got up and left when no one was looking (he-he). Sales manager's response: "So what do you want me to do about it?" I was thinking "I want you to go jump off a cliff," but instead I had them draft a promissary note that stated they would put forth their best effort to contact all 3 credit bureaus and have any record of the credit inquiry removed from my report. I'm sure this basically means they will do absolutely nothing. Bastards.

So a process that should have taken 30 minutes ended up taking 3 hours. Unbelievable.

Stay away from Joe Myers Mazda in Houston

·
Registered
305 Posts
These guys are the leaders of slime.

Back in October I bought my 07 hatch. Availability on all 3s was terrible, being a new model, & the Alaska boat tip-over. Being 5 minutes from my house, I called them first, they told me they have 4 in stock, 1 in the color & trim i wanted, mtx (wanted), & can offer me $500 off msrp (without even asking price). Drove right over there, to have them tell me "oh yea, only 07 models we have are CX7's and white automatics only - let me get the keys". Yea right.

I did buy a new Kia a month earlier (for wife) from Joe Myers Kia, right next door. Sales guy & deal were excellent. Unfortunately, I had to go thru 4 hours of BS in the finance office at, guess where, ... Joe Myers Mazda.

Bought my 3 from Gilman Mazda in Rosenberg. an hour drive away. Have nothing but good things to say about them, they did me right (& cheaper taxes in Ft Bend County).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess I'll have to be the negative balance to your review of Gilman. I'll just copy+paste my complaint to the bank:

RE: Payment Dispute with Gilman Nissan-Rosenberg

I first contacted Gilman Nissan-Rosenberg (Gilman) dealership over the phone on November 16, 2006, telling them I had a mild interest in buying a 2007 Mazda3 hatchback in Phantom Blue, a color somewhat more rare than other colors offered by Mazda that I liked.

The Gilman salesperson told me that this car is in stock and is the only one in this color in Texas, and that it was going to be picked up very quickly by another customer unless I made a deposit of $200 to hold the car. I asked if this fee would be 100% refundable and the woman I was speaking to, Juanita Armstead, said yes it would be. I gave them my credit card information over the phone and the charge was processed.

On Saturday, November 18th, I received a call from the Gilman dealership. I was informed that they have other potential buyers for this car and that in order to keep them holding the car I would need to make a bigger deposit. I refused to give them a bigger deposit and requested a refund on the amount they charged me. It was at this point that I discovered that my deposit is not 100% refundable as I was promised. Instead, it is only good towards a car purchase at Gillman dealership. They told me they had literally lost too much business while I was holding the car, so they will keep the money as reimbursement.

There was no written contract, signatures, complete over the phone explanations of contract, et al. over this transaction; everything was done over the phone and I have never physically been at the Gilman Mazda location.

I would like to request a full refund of $200.00, the amount they charged me.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

I still haven't gotten that money back too. F***ers. Ended up buying from EXPO Mazda in Kingswood and got a pretty good deal, 22K after TT&L for an ATX s Touring hatch with 6CD/moonroof, wheel locks, door edge guards, aftermarket leather from the dealer and tint.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Man, that sux.

Your bank won't refund your money. You need to go talk to the GM, in person, at the dealership. This is fraud, & they're not going to lose their dealership license for $200. Good luck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought some touch up paint from Joe Myers, $12. Then a few weeks later I was at Jeff Haas and my friend buys some touch up paint $7!!??
Son of a bitch those Joe Myers bastards! Thank God I didn't buy my Speed from them. Got mine at Town North Mazda in Plano. Couldn't find a Sunlight Silver GT in Houston so road trip.

·
Registered
374 Posts
[quote author=McMazda III link=topic=67348.msg1157763#msg1157763 date=1169226695]
Slimey!

I negotiated the price and sale of the car over the phone with their sales manager without ever stepping foot in the dealership as I have never had a pleasant experience with new car dealers. I set up outside financing for the loan and told the sales manager that I would be arriving with a draft for the full amount of the car. Done deal, piece of cake . . . not quite.

I go to pick up the car and hand them the check and the first thing that happens is that the sales manager with whom I negotiated the deal sticks me with a new sales guy, who is totally clueless because it is his second day on the job. So this guy starts fumbling around with documents and starts to take down some of my information for the vehicle registration. However, he starts asking for WAY too much info, so I interrupt and ask him why he needs all this info and if they are intending to run a credit report. He says, "yes" and I immediately tell him that I DO NOT want the dealership to run my credit as the financing is already done and I had a check. So he has to call his supervisor over to see if it is OK to NOT run my credit??? WTF? When his supervisor comes over, I explain, in no uncertain terms that I do not want them to run my credit as there is NO reason to do so. The supervisor tells me directly that they will not pull my credit and that they will just need basic info for registration. Then 30 more minutes of the new guy sputtering through the documenation - he cant' even explain the terms of the warranty correctly.

Then I get directed over to the finance dept to drop off the check. Wait 30 min in an empty lobby. Then go in to an office to sign docs and hand over the check. Before we get started, the finance guy declares that I really got a good interest rate considering my current credit score. 1 second of huh? and then "how the hell do you know what my credit score is?" Finance guy: "The sales manager pulled your credit to try to see if we could finance your vehicle at a better rate." Me: :x f***ing pissed! Tirade mode kicked in and I let the finance guy have it. Then went back over the sales dept and let the sales manager and store manager have it. Their response: "Well, that's just our procedure." Me, loudly in the show room where there were about 5 other customers: "So you're telling me that your policy is to flat out lie to people's faces?" That got some looks from the crowd and one lady who had been duking it out with a sales guy over a new car earlier and who was now sitting at an empty desk got up and left when no one was looking (he-he). Sales manager's response: "So what do you want me to do about it?" I was thinking "I want you to go jump off a cliff," but instead I had them draft a promissary note that stated they would put forth their best effort to contact all 3 credit bureaus and have any record of the credit inquiry removed from my report. I'm sure this basically means they will do absolutely nothing. Bastards.

So a process that should have taken 30 minutes ended up taking 3 hours. Unbelievable.

Stay away from Joe Myers Mazda in Houston
[/quote]

Just read this thread... brought back from the dead obviously... dude; if they ran your credit; check this quote below from www.carbuyingtips.com

Don't be held hostage! Don't give them your Drivers License or Social Security number!
You'll need it to break off negotiations and leave. Many new car dealers photocopy your license before a test drive. Tell them there is no reason to. They'll say insurance requires it. Car rental agencies don't copy your license and you're taking their car for a week! Some dealers copy your license "in case you rob the salesman". Other dealers copy your license to run unauthorized credit checks on you during your test drive, still a top complaint we receive. Make copies of your license and when they ask for your license, hand them the copy, get it back when you leave. Write on the copy the dealer may NOT run a credit check on you. Remind them the FTC fines $2500 for unauthorized credit checks. Many dealers are honest and will photocopy your license on a copier at the front desk and give it right back. But some, while you're out on the test drive, run a credit check on you. Then they give your info to local banks, who run credit checks. Now you have 5-6 credit checks on your record. This will haunt you when you buy furniture and apply for credit. You'll get rejected for 5-6 checks on your credit with no credit issued. Don't give personal info until you have signed the buyer's order and are doing dealer financing. How can you tell if they ran a credit check on you? Online from Experian, Equifax or TrueCredit. You can run your own credit report as often as you like and it will not lower your credit score.

Apparantly, you should be able to sue them.

-J

To all those stealerships, go to hell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts