#1 ·
My Phat New Ride

S Model
Black Mica
5speed
Moonroof/6-CD
Sports Package
Black/Red Interior

I actually post the pics, but apparently yahoo is gay.

#5 ·
Yeah, Strato Blue was my first choice but we just couldn't find any with the features I wanted. I "settled" for the Black, but I'm really pleased. Up close, in the sunlight, it looks almost dark dark purple. You can't really see it in the pics, though.

#6 ·
Looks nice. I wish mine was still clean. I love Black Mica personally. I think it looks like a dark charcoal in the sun(when clean) the metallic flakes appear to be gold and blue.
Probably my favorite of the colors but would be too dirty here all winter and i really hate scratches
I'll post pics of my Black Mica that hasn't had the honor of being washed since picked up. It's two tone now, salt and black. I'm banking on the fact that the mica will help disguise some of the swirling and imperfections. we'll see how it does come summer.

Craig

#7 ·
The one thing about the black mica is that it isn't really a deep black. I know cuz my Protege is black, and even for the 10-15 that it lasts clean when I wash it, the black never looks really black. It always looks like it is more like a really dark grey (in direct sunlight), but at night, it looks extremelly cool.

Black is a great colour, but it is near impossible to keep looking clean for an entire afternoon, and that is the only drawback about the colour.

But since the car is black, try tinting it. It looks awesome tinted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.