Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone hope you can help, an issue cropped this morning where, when I was letting off the gas pedal the car would start jerking, sometimes violently, yes I was in the right gear and no it wasn't when I was shifting. It also happened a couple of times while accelerating my car would again start jerking back and forward. I got a relatively new car to be rid of these sort of issues can anyone help?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
are you running any mods ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138752.msg2990409#msg2990409 date=1236882596]
are you running any mods ?
[/quote]

No, none whatsoever.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
any check engine lights ? ive experienced that jerk when my MAF sensor was dirty.... it wasnt reading air properly... and with a running too rich code it was jerking REALLY REALLY REALLY bad !!!!!!!!!!
i cleaned the MAF sensor....
also i grounded my entire engine bay
http://timotorsportsstore.com/live/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4
and its perfectly smooth.. i even noticed a better throttle response with grounded TB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138752.msg2990664#msg2990664 date=1236890743]
any check engine lights ? ive experienced that jerk when my MAF sensor was dirty.... it wasnt reading air properly... and with a running too rich code it was jerking REALLY REALLY REALLY bad !!!!!!!!!!
i cleaned the MAF sensor....
also i grounded my entire engine bay
http://timotorsportsstore.com/live/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4
and its perfectly smooth.. i even noticed a better throttle response with grounded TB
[/quote]

Hopefully thats all the problem is? No check Engine Lights though, I heard that if the sensor itself is broken, it's one of the most expensive things to fix on the car, luckily it's under warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I took the car in to the mechanic at Kramer Mazda, went off to see the hockey game. And what do you know, they give me a call after test driving it, and were unable to get the car to do what I said it was doing, they offered for me to come in and test drive it with someone there which I did, and yet again it woulnd't do it. Very frustrating, I know something is wrong, and now when it comes time to get it fixed no dice!!! :x

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
its easy to do it again.. make sure your like in 2nd or 3rd gear... at 3k rpm or so... and just let off the gas at one point.. my jerked like a rocking chair.. back and forth..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138752.msg2991953#msg2991953 date=1236947043]
its easy to do it again.. make sure your like in 2nd or 3rd gear... at 3k rpm or so... and just let off the gas at one point.. my jerked like a rocking chair.. back and forth..
[/quote]

Yeah I'm pretty much always around that rpm, before shifting, and cruising sometimes too, and it's not happening anymore, maybe when I took it in, they realized they made a really dumb mistake with something and don't wan't me to know about it, and they took care of it?? Who knows but know more jerky car for now???

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
sometimes it could be just cold or humid weather.. causing car to run rich/lean for a while... that will make it jerk it also

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138752.msg2992626#msg2992626 date=1236967958]
sometimes it could be just cold or humid weather.. causing car to run rich/lean for a while... that will make it jerk it also
[/quote]

Possibly, although I would say the car is running more poor than it is rich!! Also I live in a cold climate, which untill recently had been consistently about -20c, the day this happened it had actually warmed up to about +2 c. Maybe the melt had caused the issue, who knows... seriously who knows.

·
Registered
242 Posts
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=138752.msg2992626#msg2992626 date=1236967958]
[/quote]
I have to agree on this one. My car always does this when it's humid/ misting. It could possibly be a result of the mixture change when letting off the throttle.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
clean the MAF sensor and change the air filter... and see if that helped at all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts