Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there are not many people running a MazdaSpeed strut bar (that I have seen) I figured I's post this outside my thread in case people want to see what it looks like installed. It can be ordered from japanparts.com but there is also a distributor here (I forgot) who might have them sometimes (still expensive for a strutbar)

The design mechanically very close to perfect, with the bar and supports being parallel to the direction of deflection and centered with the struts. imho, some bars may not be particularly effective when the bar is offset (this could allow the mounts to twist, rather than transfer the forces directly to the bar)

[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=95429.msg3002321#msg3002321 date=1237402909]
okay, so I finally installed my JDM MazdaSpeed strut bar. pics below.

no flaming! :p
it was a gift from my gf, so you don't have to tell me about how it's all eye candy and a waste of money. she was spying on me and got the idea that i wanted it (because it's one of the only official MazdaSpeed suspension add-ons that I didn't have) and ordered it from Japanparts.com

personally, i think there is a definite improvement in response, particularly when making very abrupt changes in direction at relatively low speeds (or it is more noticeable at low speeds). I drove around in a spirited fashion just before and after the install, so i believe i had a good reference to go on.

This thing is very well made and the mounts are extremely solid (compared to others I've seen).
There's a good 1/4" or more of clearance between the brake fluid cap, so that is not going to be an issue at all.

[/quote]

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Verrrrrrrry nice :goodjob:

Curious, is there enough clearance to remove your battery box cover without taking the strut bar off? That was one of the most annoying things about my GT Spec bar, that I had to remove the bar to remove the battery cover.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Oh that is very very sexy. Props on some serious ballllllllinnnn!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=139324.msg3002433#msg3002433 date=1237407315]

Curious, is there enough clearance to remove your battery box cover without taking the strut bar off? That was one of the most annoying things about my GT Spec bar, that I had to remove the bar to remove the battery cover.
[/quote]

hmmm, i haven't tried yet, lol. I'll let you know, but i could just remove the bolt from the bar on that side and swing it out of the way.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=139324.msg3002460#msg3002460 date=1237408006]
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=139324.msg3002433#msg3002433 date=1237407315]

[/quote]

hmmm, i haven't tried yet, lol. I'll let you know, but i could just remove the bolt from the bar on that side and swing it out of the way.
[/quote]

Yeah that's exactly what I did w/ the GT-Spec bar, but it got annoying when I was having to access the battery box often to plug into my engine management (plug is next to battery in there).

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, not yet...i'll post here when i try it....

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is true! if i had known, i might have told her not to buy it for me. :p

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=139324.msg3007180#msg3007180 date=1237581305]
this is true! if i had known, i might have told her not to buy it for me. :p
[/quote]

:chuckles:

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=hazenight link=topic=139324.msg3006525#msg3006525 date=1237565816]
that is one nice looking strut bar. Did you try to take the battery cover off yet, with the strut bar on?
[/quote]

so i finally got around to it you don't have to remove the bar...the cover comes off at an angle.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks! it is beefy. new pic showing bracing alignment. no flex here unless the bar bows.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts