Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always found the vinyl armrest Mazda put into the 3 as hard and not very nice. So I looked at my two options to do something about it:

Order the JDM one or the Redline cover. I wasn't completely impressed with the fit I have seen of the Redline one posted in the pics here, so I opted to try out the JDM OEM accessory one, especially as Japanparts.com is having a sale (10% off). Yes, it is almost twice the price, but given how quickly it arrived and what I saw when I opened the box, it was so worth it.

YES!!! - THIS THING IS PADDED!!! =)

Stitching is Perfect, along with the fit and finish.

Given how scant info I can find on the JDM one, I decided to put up some pics of it.

However, there is one HUGE warning I have - this thing is a NIGHTMARE to install. You will have to be very careful or else you will mark up, scratch or break something. TAKE YOUR TIME to install.

Installed:

Goes nicely with my EUDM Handbrake! My interior almost looks like how I think it should have been from the factory. I still want to get my hand on the Taiwan market Piano Black center console panels...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, I knew I forgot to do something. I'll take one at lunch and get it posted...

Updated!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=hazenight link=topic=139109.msg3019830#msg3019830 date=1238113530]
Those look great with the leather seats.
[/quote]

Thanks!

It's also wearing nicely. The leather is becoming a bit softer now, too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
where did you get your ebrake?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=ladiesman217 link=topic=139109.msg3057860#msg3057860 date=1239699383]
where did you get your ebrake?
[/quote]

It was a Mazda EDM accessory that I got from the UK.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=139109.msg3059285#msg3059285 date=1239745957]
fit looks great
[/quote]
And feels great too. I have noticed my elbow likes getting a little too happy with it compared to the vinyl one. :lol:

World of difference with the leather and the padding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts