Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is finally getting there but nowhere NEAR where I want it to be. I started w/ this message board thinking, it's just a milan what could I possibly do to it? And thought things like "what's wrong w/ these guys? It's just a f'n fusion". Well I've spent already a couple of grand on this thing and it's not going to stop here.

From this:

To this:

Future plans include strut tower (Steeda, DC sports, etc), stoptech or SP drilled rotors, 1.5" drop, and anything else I can get to make this thing better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Car looks good! Look forward to the drop, that will be cool. Only suggestion would be to remove dealer sticker. Good lookin' Milan - keep it coming!!

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm contemplating on the tint. Even w/ fire plates, EMT ID, PBA cars, whatever else..I think I'll get a ticket, especially down the shore..the cops are like nazis. Dealer sticker is coming off..I promise.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=137610.msg2967370#msg2967370 date=1235853123]
I'm contemplating on the tint. Even w/ fire plates, EMT ID, PBA cars, whatever else..I think I'll get a ticket, especially down the shore..the cops are like nazis. Dealer sticker is coming off..I promise.
[/quote]

The northeast is not a good area for tint.

Looks good. Maybe you will be done by the time Carlisle rolls around.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mmm, well the only problem is this damn warranty I've got. I don't know if I want to drop it just yet because of that. I'm also researching a DC Sports strut tower to see if that will work..so much to do, so little money.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=137610.msg2968898#msg2968898 date=1235936499]
Mmm, well the only problem is this damn warranty I've got. I don't know if I want to drop it just yet because of that. I'm also researching a DC Sports strut tower to see if that will work..so much to do, so little money.
[/quote]Not just talking yourself out of it so you can buy a new interior are you ??? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, I'm going for handleing right now. I figure w/ the 1.5" springs, the new tires, +1" rims, and strut tower it should stiffen the car up nicely. I know I won't be winning any races (Althought I did beat a 06ish civic yesterday) :) I'm starting to get addicted to handleing. Plus I'm trying to convince my wife that I need four new rotors already @ 19k miles so I can get those stoptechs on. The seats are nice but they're last on my list right now.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no need for it like down south and there's a lot more crime than the midwest. Cops are a tad bit more on edge than they are other parts of the country.

·
Registered
474 Posts
how about some 35% tint it really looks nice and isint even that dark you can still see the driver and anyone in the car and a drop would really set it off imo but i guess that would defeat the purpose of your extended warrenty but you can always take them off before you go in for suspension work if you ever have to knock on wood you wont have to

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No extended warranty, just a regular one. It'll be over next year so I just have to wait a bit and I'll drop it. I'll probably do the tint anyway and worry about the consequences later. I just gotta keep reminding myself that I'm 28 now and I can't do anything too off the wall. I've been known to drop some stooopid money into cars...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts