Mazda3 Forums banner

It just occured to me....

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  2k1_bug 
#1 ·
.....why us Canadians get shafted for HID's and TPMS!

Mazda's trying to cheap out here, and "release" new feature(s) for the car later on in the life cycle of the Mz3! I'm also guessing that they'll "release" chrome wheels for the car like they did for the P5.

Your thoughts?

#4 ·
yep but i kinda glad mazda canada didn't.

in the states, the 3 gets hid, navi, etc. and the 6 gets nothing close to that and it a more expensive car.

but yeah hopefully they will start integrating all the features to their lineups probably when the redesign tribute comes out.

#5 ·
I hate it when they "link" some of the options together.. like in the states..if you get HID you need the tire pressure thing.. and the moonroof comes with the CD changer.. and so many others.. why don't they let us choose exactly what we need??

#7 ·
PhilGood said:
It's illegal to use HID on DRL and unfortuantely our DRL is the low beam... So, it is a matter of regular rather than packaging...
But other manufacturers get around this by using the highbeams as DRL. Look that the TL...or even my old car, which uses H4's; the highbeams are DRL's and the lowbeams are used just when the lights are ever turned on.

#9 ·
Well, you know what....if it is like this, then it means HIDs WILL be an option later.

Which means, retrofitting might not be as costly for us Cdn's or as difficult to get!

#11 ·
I agree. I'd love to have the option to pick'n'choose. What I find infuriating is, if they're going to offer options..then for CHRISSAKES..make 'em available everywhere !! It drives me insane knowing that items have been engineered specifically for the Mz3 and I can't buy 'em. Some European countries can get factory heated seats and front grill options. Canadians can get heated mirrors and rain sensing wipers much coveted by our American cousins who then blind us with their Xenons and get to the local beer store faster than us cause they have a Nav system. If it's made for the Mazda 3, I wanna be able to buy it !!

vermin

#12 ·
vermintrex said:
I agree. I'd love to have the option to pick'n'choose. What I find infuriating is, if they're going to offer options..then for CHRISSAKES..make 'em available everywhere !! It drives me insane knowing that items have been engineered specifically for the Mz3 and I can't buy 'em. Some European countries can get factory heated seats and front grill options. Canadians can get heated mirrors and rain sensing wipers much coveted by our American cousins who then blind us with their Xenons and get to the local beer store faster than us cause they have a Nav system. If it's made for the Mazda 3, I wanna be able to buy it !!

vermin
EXACTLY!!! if the parts are made already.. why not let us buy them??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.