·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plain and simple.

2009 Sport Speed3

True Red.

The Red Death.

Not that I'm much for street racing but I feared not many cars with my MINI S.

Now I fear even fewer.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Nice Congrats on the new car! How do you like it so far? Any plans for the near future?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forums. Hmmm, your thread seems to be in the right forum. :)

My two stock suggestions to all new members are to A) check out the "why you should buy a third key" thread stickied at the top of this forum, and B) look into upgrading/replacing/augmenting the stock clown horn.

Any plans for the car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=sleet_22 link=topic=139615.msg3009523#msg3009523 date=1237712414]
How do you like it so far?
[/quote]
It almost makes me forget about the MINI. Almost.

I was telling my wife today, "Let's keep the MINI." It's one helluva of a fun car, still.

But this thing.... whoa!

A buddy of mine saw it and goes, "So you finally got a nice family car, huh?" I took him for a spin and he's now convinced that it's not JUST a family car.

But I will admit, the purr of the engine is great for getting the kids to pass out in no time flat.

No mod plans yet. I guess I'll check out possibly doing a cold air system. Thoughts? never mind, I got "smart" and read the appropriate threads.

Otherwise, tint and probably swap out the wheels. I thought I might want o jump on the sound which I usually do with new cars but the stock system is pretty nice and I might just leave it as is.

But at this point, it's like when you were 19 (a long time ago for me) and you got a new girlfriend who offered some things your last one didn't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=wolverine_man link=topic=139615.msg3011938#msg3011938 date=1237834398]
Very nice choice. Holly skinny driveway batman!!
[/quote]
Yeah, old house. But on the plus side, more yard.

And that's how we roll in Long Beach. The land ain't cheap.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Gorgeous. Glad you enjoy it, and be happy you didn't just get the stock Mazda3. :x

About the sound system, I agree it's a great stock system, however I got a subwoofer installed and it's a beast now. :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
[quote author=puckschmuck95 link=topic=139615.msg3011071#msg3011071 date=1237799951]
But at this point, it's like when you were 19 (a long time ago for me) and you got a new girlfriend who offered some things your last one didn't.
[/quote]

Big grin on that! I know what you mean, about 19 being a while back, and the new car. I just picked up a white GT on Saturday and I'm having a ball getting acquainted with a manual tranny again. The car is outrageous! The only thing I've done so far is put in my Sirius radio plug and play, from my old car. (have a lifetime plan on that receiver, so I'm not paying again).

That install's not final, I haven't mounted it, it's just tethered in the console, but it works and sounds great through the Bose.

Not planning on any mods that would create a warranty issue... but at some point better looking rims will be on tap. Maybe the stock rims will grow on me, but I kinda doubt it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
congrats! i got my gt one week and one day ago. already have 650 miles on it :shock: and you took the words right outta my mouth. i was tellin my old man i felt lik an 18 yr old kid again after buyin this car. a real sleeper. looks like a nice fam hatch, so the drivers in the mustangs always look shocked and mortified when you smoke em.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=sweetface link=topic=139615.msg3016940#msg3016940 date=1238010646]
Very nice. What made you decide on red?
[/quote]
It's the most obnoxious color of the bunch.

I've had a black car, greys and silver. They're often classy, clean looking but my MINI was the Hyper Blue which I love:

And I would have gotten blue but the 09 Speed3 doesn't come in blue. Man, I'll be pissed if it comes in blue for 2010. Well maybe not totally pissed, but a little.

My whole thing for car colors is the louder the better. I drove alongside a bright yellow Audi S4 on the way home today for a long stretch on the freeway. It must have looked like hot dog condiments rollign down the freeway. Bring back the '70's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts