Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazda3 GT sedan, with the gfx and luxury package.

I just wanted to make note of the warranty issues I have had with my car thus far. All very minor but definitely worth noting

1) The fuel cap hanger snapped on me. I think it was wrapped around the cap and I forced it so somewhat my fault but was replaced under warranty. My fault or not, it shouldn't interfere with the operation of the cap.

2) Leather boot around the shift stick got really weird - like the leather had a clear coat, and the clear coat was bubbling and peeling. Probably 10% of the total area is affected and was getting worse. Covered under warranty.

3) Shift knob was very loose from factory. I could get it 180 degrees around to tighten but after that I had to use a LOT of force to move it. I had the dealership tighten it just in case it stripped or anything like that - that way its on record. Warranty covered.

4) Little rubber nubbin on the underside of the centre console missing from factory. Replaced under warranty.

Now, these are all very minor issues, but I wanted to bring them up for two reasons: to reinforce that this car is NOT flawless (but the issues seem very minor), and to share my experiences in case anyone else is dealing with anything like what I';ve outlined.

·
Registered
310 Posts
We're on the same boat. 2006 T 27,998miles.

Lubricated around sunroof twice. Closes smoothly.
Today head unit for Radio ordered. Bulletin was up, unit loses a few minutes sometimes.
Driver window squeeked half way as it was coming to a close. Cleaned and Oiled both front windows.
Rear Wiper made an odd sound during operation. Cleaned and oiled motor. Works perfectly.

That's been it pretty much for me. I drive a lot too. I've noticed this car has a few issues here and there but knock on virtual wood, it's been good especially after casually visiting some of the Mini Cooper forums (which I was considering) and they have a LOT of problems. It seems...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there, I had not been in the forum for quite some time! I just thought I'd share my experience.... Which has been far from picture perfect...

Warranty issues:

1. Replaced steering column as the telescopic steering would not lock and the wheel would go in and out while driving. (Became loose again, 2 dealer visits)

2. Had the computer updated as it was not showing the KMs to empty (2 dealer visits)

3. Right rear seat bottom was detached from the "body" from factory, ordered new clips and corrected issue

4. Annoying rattle in front of dash, has been to the dealer 3 times, they still cannot "hear" the noise, noise still present (3 dealer visits)

We love this car, however these issues were quite inconvenient as we were left without a car more than we would have liked! The repeat visits could be blamed on dealer inefficiency.

I almos forgot! they also replaced the 6 disc cd changer, my dealer ordered the wrong unit, so i needed to bring in my 3 twice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
P.S. , i'm at 23000 kms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts