1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
"Fitting the 4.3-liter V8 and six-speed manual transmission to the IS 300 was fairly straightforward," said Millen. "The larger challenge was to develop an electronic interface that would allow the V8 engine to work with the manual transmission and IS 300 body - something it was never designed to do."

Chances are, a v8 in a 3 would make it soo front heavy that you wouldnt be able to steer to well and cornering would be diminished. The wave of the future is light, small displacement motors with turbos. Or lightweight chassis.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I like how that car only weighs about 100lbs more with the much bigger engine, and it has a much better suspension as well, probably handles better then a stock IS300.

Where can I get one?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wonder...

If anyone has looked under the hood of their Mazda 3, there is some gap between the I-4 engine and the firewall. It makes me wonder if there is someway or somehow that a V6 could be shoehorned into the engine bay.

Give the Mazda 3 AWD and some improved suspension to handle the new weight and power and then we'll have something to compete along the lines of a VW Golf R32 :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.