Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive had a few previous posts on my issues with the stock 6 disk changer. i have successfully broken 2 in the span of 6 months. :x long story short the motor is breaking, forbidding me to play, eject, or insert cds. basically my cd function is useless and my cds are trapped inside the unit (which must be shipped to japan to get out and sent back). so i went to the dealership today and the guy told me that the stock units dont like burned cds. he said that some blank cds are fractionally thicker than regular cds (such as those you would buy when buying an artist's cd) and this causes them to "stick" inside and eventually jam in the player. when they jam, the unit cuts off the buttons to eject and insert and obviously will not play cds. i found this, for lack of better term, a stupid design. in this day and age, EVERYBODY uses burned cds. why am i the only person having issues with it breaking so frequently (2 units dead in 6 months).

i would like to know if anybody else has had the same issue? im looking to find out if it really is my cds or my car in specific, or if this is a problem everybody is having and i need to figure out a way around it. please give me your input.

Thanks all. :?

·
Registered
441 Posts
All my CDs are burned, not one problem. 07' Sedan if it matters.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh yea, i have an 04 hb touring (if it makes a difference) no satellite either.

see, at first i was like oh thats a bad idea in design. then i started thinking. if that was true, there would be A LOT of issues. i mean, lets be honest... who DOESNT use burned cd's? :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts