Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the Mazda.ca website and noticed that the overall length of the Mazda Sport is less than the Mazda Sedan (4,485mm:4,540 mm [GT]). Is that right? I would have never guessed that after seeing both of them.

On a side not, the coefficient of drag, is it better to be smaller or bigger? I say smaller cause I figure it means that it is more aerodynamic and the air goes around it more smoothly.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Make sure you look at both cars with or without GFX. GFX adds some length. And yes, the HB can be smaller. IRC so is the P5.

Smaller on the COD.

·
Registered
427 Posts
In USA measurements, the HB is 176.6 inches, the sedan is 178.7 inches. This isn't uncommon at all, the VW Golf is shorter than the Jetta. The distance behind the back seat to the rear of the car is typically shorter on a hatchback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
grandshervee said:
On a side not(e), the coefficient of drag, is it better to be smaller or bigger? I say smaller cause I figure it means that it is more aerodynamic and the air goes around it more smoothly.
All else being equal, less frontal area means less drag. The Cd (coeff. of drag) represents drag per unit of frontal area of the object.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts