Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read all the warm and fuzzy reviews of our 3, this one review is kinda shocking :shock: I've never driven a Focus, but this guy says the 3 is second to the Focus in performance and handling.

http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Mazda1.htm#3

Any thoughts :?:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Its weird, the other two reviews look stellar for mazda. Did he just hate the 3? I disagree with almost everything he said. What a punk.

·
Registered
581 Posts
One thing I'll say right off the bat, I don't think the English language is one of the reviewer's strong points. There are constant gramatical errors throughout his review.

His opinions about the Mazda 3's "style" are his own. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to cars. Some people may like curvy cars while others like angled, chiseled cars.

I think his comments on the interior's functionality are off. The interior is very functional and IMHO, much better than any other car in it's class.

He also seems to be concerned with only comparing the hatchback body. I'm sure if he took a ride in the lighter sedan body, he would have better things to say about the Mazda 3.

He is also apparently biased for the Focus. He doesn't make any effort to hide this at all. What I don't like is that he doesn't tell you what trim level of Focus he is comparing the Mazda 3s Hatchback too. If he believes the Focus ZX3 is better than a Mazda 3s hatch, then he's full of crap. If he's comparing the Mazda 3s hatch to the Focus SVT or a Focus RS, well, then that might be more of a fair comparison.

Anyways, critques and reviews are just compiled opinions. I think this guy should become more proficient in the English language before writing another car review.

-just my 2 cents,

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Is the 3 perfect but "In other aspects, such as space, ride, refinement and quality, it simply falls behind the latest competitors." Like the old Focus is more refined....yeah right.

Amateur review....waste of server space. And Mark Wan if you read this...don't quit your day job because you suck as a reviewer. Biased and unprofessional. I have no respect for that article.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Actually a couple of magazines in Denmark too describes the Focus as being superiour in road handling (by an inch..) vs. M3. However the M3 has more comfort. The M3 wins all other categories in Denmark against the Focus.
Regarding the space comment i think it is true. Other competitors like Peugeot 307 and VW Golf offers more cabin space imo.

I think the European Focus has a harder setup vs. the American.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That dude's probably been sitting in too many Renaults, which are heard are really really good cars :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting review but like many of you don't agree on many items. The Mazda 3 sedan is the most stylish car in its class (hands down). The "S" with 160hp is PLENTY peppy. Yeah, it's not in the sporster class but can definitely move.

I have read probably over 30 reviews of the Mazda 3 and this is the first one to be so negative. Like us, maybe the reviewer was just having a bad day and took it out on the ol'Mazda 3.

Kevin

·
Registered
627 Posts
Review

Yeah, his review is very one-sided, or is it?

"In other aspects, such as space, ride, refinement and quality, it simply falls behind the latest competitors"

"Although this Mazda 3 is 100kg lighter than Mazda 6, it does not feel particularly quick, especially compare with today's hot hatches. However, the 2.3 engine is still lovely, thanks to its smoothness and refinement."

Unfortunately, without short-term memory to remember what you wrote in a previous sentence, reviews of this nature hold little value.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shitty M3 Review

Before you make comments on this guys reviews, I think you should check out his website. This guy does not even drive... and your actually going to listen to him. I don't even think he's worth our time! Just another piece of "Recycled Information"!!

http://autozine.kyul.net/Faq.htm

Here's an actual statement taken from his site;

Q: You do not drive, how can you write car reviews ?

A: I do not write "reviews". The "reports" I wrote were based on the findings from different magazines, plus my own technical analysis, background information and opinion. I regularly read 10 or more magazines a month, so integrating them usually result in a more complete view on a car than just an individual magazine.

Hawk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Man, this guy is a bitch. You know your life really must suck if you have to take your feelings out on a fine ride like 3. I hope this loser wrecks whatever car he drives...Once/If he actually gets one, that is. :twisted:

·
Registered
581 Posts
OK, this explains alot. This guy must be smoking something with some pretty strong hallucienagenic properties if he seriously thinks that he is qualified to write valid "reports" on cars.

He just pisses me off. :evil:

Quoting his FAQ:

Q: You does not work in automotive field. You even don't drive. You are not qualified for writing about cars.

A: Well, read my news and reports and make your own judgement. Do you know some soccer coaches do not play soccer ?
I have made my own judgement and Mark Wan is full of crap. I certainly don't give credit to "armchair" critics. Techincal analysis skills my butt. What kind of reviews is he supposedly reading to give the Mazda 3 such a bad "report"? All the reviews (from valid automotive publications) I've read had nothing but praise for the new Mazda 3. For example, from pulblications such as Road & Track, Car & Driver, Sport Compact Car, Edmunds.com, nctd.com (New Car Test Drive), CanadianDriver.com just to name a few.

Q: Do you need partners ?

A: Until now I can still handle all things. Moreover, I am not quite good at cooperation
Well, really now? Maybe if he got a editor proficient in the English language and who is a real driving enthusiast who actually drove a car, his "reports" may carry some weight.

I take back everything I said in my previous post on this thread. I didn't even know that Mark Wan didn't drive cars before writing his "reports". If Mark Wan is reading this, I suggest you get a new hobby and do something more valid and constructive with your "technical analysis" skills.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Wow... he doesn't even drive the cars. Now that's silly.

Even though I didn't test drive the car, atleast I SAT in it and looked around it!! Sheesh! THEN, and only then, did I go back to write a "review".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
M3-GT is right. Let's stop taking traffic to his website.

Hey, Moderator, how about removing the URL to his website?
:?:
Having driven my MZ3 HB for over 1000miles now, my own review is a glowing one.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I wrote to the guy, asking im what is wrong. I just cant believe that someone can actually make a review of a car that was not driven :shock:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts