Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side HID was working, but over the last few months it has required me to turn my lights on and off numerous times before it turns on. The drivers side light always comes on. Does this sound like a ballast or bulb problem?

And last night and tonight I wasnt able to get the passenger side light on at all.

I have the UED lights, are they still around?

Here is the original thread, Jhershorin said that he would bump the warranty up to 2 years, and I bought them back in June of 2007.
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=79458.msg1465726#msg1465726

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
switch the bulbs from side to side. What happens? If the problem remains on the same side there's a good chance you have a bad ballast.

Contact your old retailer. If they don't help you contact me and I'll help you.

Another reason to buy from a sponsor like us that's been here more than 5 years instead of the ones that come and go...

Oliver

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Its the same problem I had, from what I gather alot of 3's have this issue. I spent alot of time on Google and other forums and the passenger side light is often an issue, but I have not found a 100% solution. Swap both the bulbs and ballasts at the same time. If it continues to do it on the passenger side try deleteing the wiring harness, I did this and mine works 95% better.

Also I sent mine M3-GT and it disappeared for over a month, I was never quit sure who actually had it & whomever did have it accomplished nothing. It cost me $10 to ship it to him and he wouldnt ship it back until I payed another $17. In the end I had the same exact kit that didnt work correctly and it cost me $30, food for thought.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here is what the bulb looks like. Looks burnt out to me, what do you think? There is a milky brown puddle in the middle of the bulb.

I can't get the bulb disconnected from the UED ballast, I can get my fingers on the connecter, but i can't figure out how to pinch the pins and pull it out.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Milky brown puddle is the metal iodide compound that what basically make HID bulb to illuminate.
And that is not the indication if bulb out or not. They are supposed to be in capcell.

As M3-GT suggest, try swap bulbs to see if your problem at bulb or ballast.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I had the same problem but I got it to work!
1. One light worked and the pass didn’t work
2. Turning lights on and off will turn both of them after a long time.

Here is solution:
If you using 55W or even 35W with battery harness make sure that your bulb connectors are well sealed and separated one from another. If not you will hear a buzzing noise, this means that + and - are touching together.

Try that and i hope this will work for you!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally took off the bumper and switched the bulbs around. The bulb that I thought was out, lit up when plugged into the other ballast, and the bulb that was working before didnt fire in the other ballast.

So its looking like I have a dead ballast. I looked at my invoice from UED and it only says 1 year warranty, but if you look in the posted thread, Jhershorin promised a 2 year warranty. Not sure if UED will give me problems, and I can't get ahold of Jake (Jhershorin).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts