Mazda3 Forums banner

Is this a leaking bpv?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dabears2k 
#1 ·
Hey guys in 4th thru 6th gear and throttle > 75 percent, my intake/turbo noise sounds odd. I have a cobb sri and stock bpv, and when i give it alot of boost in say 2nd gear i get a steady ssssssssssssssssssssssss psht sound. When I do it in the higher gears, i get... (omg i feel like an idiot) a sssssssssskekekessskekesssskekessss psht sound. It sounds like when you put too much pressure through a tube and the air "rips" out of the end of the tube instead of just... escaping. If anyone has any idea of what I'm talking about, feedback is appreciated. I know a lot of people say the stock bpv leaks, and a lot of people say it's all in their head. I tried the RKM BPV, but it didn't work out for me. As far as feeling any sort of power loss, I can't really say.

#3 ·
[quote author=popecruz link=topic=134869.msg2901453#msg2901453 date=1233356118]
Hey guys in 4th thru 6th gear and throttle > 75 percent, my intake/turbo noise sounds odd. I have a cobb sri and stock bpv, and when i give it alot of boost in say 2nd gear i get a steady ssssssssssssssssssssssss psht sound. When I do it in the higher gears, i get... (omg i feel like an idiot) a sssssssssskekekessskekesssskekessss psht sound. It sounds like when you put too much pressure through a tube and the air "rips" out of the end of the tube instead of just... escaping. If anyone has any idea of what I'm talking about, feedback is appreciated. I know a lot of people say the stock bpv leaks, and a lot of people say it's all in their head. I tried the RKM BPV, but it didn't work out for me. As far as feeling any sort of power loss, I can't really say.
[/quote]

Just curious, but why didnt the RKM V1 bpv work for you?

#5 ·
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=134869.msg2901598#msg2901598 date=1233359973]
yes, thats a leaky bpv.

Did you try the RKM V2? Its self adjusting, so no more screws...

Matt
[/quote]

is there a way to exchange v1 to v2?

#6 ·
[quote author=sleserginekolog link=topic=134869.msg2906498#msg2906498 date=1233602211]
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=134869.msg2901598#msg2901598 date=1233359973]
yes, thats a leaky bpv.

Did you try the RKM V2? Its self adjusting, so no more screws...

Matt
[/quote]

is there a way to exchange v1 to v2?
[/quote]

You can purchase just the valve itself for $100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.