Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a newbie to this, tried the search and failed to find what i was looking for.

I'm interested in purchasing the Vibrant headers and exhaust for my 3i. I know the headers will remove the catalytic converter conected to the exhaust manifold. Will the vibrant exhaust system also remove the 2nd cat, or can you purchase a high flow cat to replace the factory one?

·
Registered
472 Posts
the vibrant exhaust system comes with a catalytic converter, it replaces the stock second catalytic converter so the whole setup is a bolt-on cat back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks now i just got to read through all the posts about the O2 issues and go from there. :shock:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[quote author=isjoining link=topic=69617.msg1210585#msg1210585 date=1171582717]
the vibrant exhaust system comes with a catalytic converter, it replaces the stock second catalytic converter so the whole setup is a bolt-on cat back.
[/quote]

That would make it a... engine back system. everything behind the engine exhaust manifold itself is replaced :p including the gaskets! Or headers back :csweeney:

·
Registered
472 Posts
yeah technically its bolting to the flex pipe, but vibrant includes their own catalytic converter that replaces the stock one and they still call it a cat-back

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm half deaf anyways, i'll just make sure the old lady doesn't hear it till its to late

1 - 7 of 7 Posts