Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a cv joint on amazon that cant fit my car because of the spline difference so I want to know if i bought a different manual transmission cv for my car. My car is the automatic version

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
At this point we have no way of knowing, but the odds are automatic and manual are different. To ask questions like the above, you need to provide as much information about your car as possible; think about it, there have been four generations and dozens of engine and transmission combinations of Mazda3 cars released over the years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
In general, don't buy auto parts from Amazon or eBay as many counterfeit parts are sold on these sites. Maybe check Rock Auto, they have a good layout on their website. As shipo stated, odds are they are somewhat different. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
In general, don't buy auto parts from Amazon or eBay as many counterfeit parts are sold on these sites. Maybe check Rock Auto, they have a good layout on their website. As shipo stated, odds are they are somewhat different. Good luck.
Here's the thing, @arif may not have the option of RockAuto as he is posting from Georgetown, Guyana.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At this point we have no way of knowing, but the odds are automatic and manual are different. To ask questions like the above, you need to provide as much information about your car as possible; think about it, there have been four generations and dozens of engine and transmission combinations of Mazda3 cars released over the years.
The car's info is Mazda Axela 2005, chassis number BK5P-107257. I can provide more details if needed. It's the 4 door sedan, 1498cc IC

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
We didn't get that car here in the States, however, looking up the 2005 Mazda3 with the 2.0 liter engine does in fact show different axles for automatic versus manual transmissions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts