Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought a Mazda3 hatchback 2 weeks ago, and while I love the car, I am now wishing I had gotten the Nav system.

I searched around the electronics forums extensively, but I haven't been able to get an answer to my questions:

Can the Nav system be added to the car later? If someone wrecks their Nav equipped 3, and I can get all the parts, will the wiring all be there to just plug the system in? Or would I be better off getting a Garmin Streetpilot unit?

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
84 Posts
Assuming you can even find the OEM nav system components for the 3 (highly unlikely), factor in cost of install, ripping up your dash and your center console to add the controls... it is possible, but not a bit practical or plausible.

You're much better off getting that Garmin or installing another aftermarket GPS system. ;)

However, if anyone knows something I don't......please....share....

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Gvr4-330 said:
Hi,

I just bought a Mazda3 hatchback 2 weeks ago, and while I love the car, I am now wishing I had gotten the Nav system.

I searched around the electronics forums extensively, but I haven't been able to get an answer to my questions:

Can the Nav system be added to the car later? If someone wrecks their Nav equipped 3, and I can get all the parts, will the wiring all be there to just plug the system in? Or would I be better off getting a Garmin Streetpilot unit?

Thanks!
Rob
According to my inside sources, you cant buy the DVD/Nav/screen if its not an insurance replacement for a dealer.

With that said, I have the vent/screen on the way and I will be figuring out how to integrate it with an aftermarket DVD/GPS unit.

Oh, for the peeps that originally asked if I can get them the unit: Sorry, not any more. Talked to my dealer yesterday and they cant sell whats not there. For instance, if there is 500 cars with nav, they will make 503 (or something rediculous). Those 3 are only for insurnace claims that the dealers need.

My dealer told me that its possible Mazda will make it an add on accessory in the future, but as of now, it is just not possible. Also, if you call the dealer and ask them, the whole setup, retail, is $2855.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts