Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
They are similar....but I can't remember if they're the same.

The seats were softer I think on the mz3 though definately.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i personally didn't like the leather. The cloth seats felt more durable and more "grippy"

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I don't like the factory leather as much. The cloth in the 6 sucks when wearing shorts :(. So I got the car with aftermarket leather already in it. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
csweeney said:
I don't like the factory leather as much. The cloth in the 6 sucks when wearing shorts :(. So I got the car with aftermarket leather already in it. :)

how much was aftermarket leather?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
dk0280 said:
csweeney said:
how much was aftermarket leather?
The leather was already in it when I bought it. It was a demo.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
From what I remember, the Mazda3's leather is not as upscale as the RX-8's leather but feels more grippy. The RX-8's leather is softer/smoother than the Mazda3's...

·
Registered
78 Posts
just wondering if Mazda Leather last long? coz i am planning to get leather too :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
What's wrong with the 6's cloth? I like it.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
98LX said:
What's wrong with the 6's cloth? I like it.
It has been known that it frays fairly easily, and Mazda I think even has or soon will have a replacement cloth for the 6, because of the many compliants.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well dont judge the leather right from the start...it would still need to get "broken-in"...unless it is really high quality stuff i guess i dunno hahaa what am i talking abooot...

·
Registered
177 Posts
simlar style but not ths same leather cuz I sat in the RX-8 before when I was asking for the Mz3. There is more different color schemes for the leather seats like two tone with black +red etc...........

·
Registered
94 Posts
my personal suggestion is to save your money on the factory leather and either:
1. get it reupholstered with after market leath that you know will be quailty.
or
2. Just put in some nice aftermarket buckets in either cloth or leather (whichever floats your boat)

·
Registered
171 Posts
at only $590, the leather option really isn't that costly.. depending on where you go, aftermarket leather can cost much more than $1000, not including labor.. if mazda was charging $100 for the option, then i'd think about aftermarket (if the rep was that the leather they use wasn't high quality) but for the current price, i don't see how you can go wrong.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I asure you, get $1000 is due to a much better leather. I'm not saying the factory isn't decent, but hey, its no Benz :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts